CanOpener?
Sep 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #167 of 270
If I have 24 bit/44.1 KHz ALAC files on my phone will this app play them natively or will they be down sampled because they are not manually dropped into the "FLAC" folder of the app?

CanOpener will play 44.1 kHz / 24 bit ALAC's back natively, without any sample rate conversion or loss of bit depth. The sample rate conversion is only used when absolutely necessary — enjoy!

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #168 of 270
If I have 24 bit/44.1 KHz ALAC files on my phone will this app play them natively or will they be down sampled because they are not manually dropped into the "FLAC" folder of the app?

CanOpener will play 44.1 kHz / 24 bit ALAC's back natively, without any sample rate conversion or loss of bit depth. The sample rate conversion is only used when absolutely necessary — enjoy!

Hi DevKerr - any news on an update for CanOpener? I'm hungry for new features! >: )
Loving the app so far, completely replaced the stock music app. It made my brand new Shure SE215s completely replace my favorite on ear headphones and nearly my over ears, everything is perfect from my side.

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #170 of 270
I recently discovered this app while searching for something to play flac files on my iphone and I am quite happy with it. I also really like the interface. Very clean and well-designed. I initially encountered some problems with the order of tracks and missing artist information but I think I have sorted those out. What I still haven't figured out - and it is probably just me - is managing flac files. So far I have discovered how to delete flac files one at a time by swiping left but it is a tedious and time consuming process. Is there a batter way? It would also be nice if albums under flac were treated the same as for itunes - i.e. there would be one "icon" for the album and, when touched, it would reveal the individual tracks for that album raher than have all the tracks for all albums appear in the flac section of the app. (I hope that last part made sense...)

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #171 of 270
I recently discovered this app while searching for something to play flac files on my iphone and I am quite happy with it. I also really like the interface. Very clean and well-designed. I initially encountered some problems with the order of tracks and missing artist information but I think I have sorted those out. What I still haven't figured out - and it is probably just me - is managing flac files. So far I have discovered how to delete flac files one at a time by swiping left but it is a tedious and time consuming process. Is there a batter way? It would also be nice if albums under flac were treated the same as for itunes - i.e. there would be one "icon" for the album and, when touched, it would reveal the individual tracks for that album raher than have all the tracks for all albums appear in the flac section of the app. (I hope that last part made sense...)

I'm totally with you here mate. Just purchased the app and it's pretty damn awesome. Same problem with flac files, and it's such a shame because I finally found a way to play flac files on my iphone and now I'm frustrated with managing the files. Update coming soon? :)

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #172 of 270
iOS 8 came out, is there any news on an update for CanOpener?

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #174 of 270
It is working fine on my iPhone5 with iOS 8. What kind of updates are we talking about?

Well when quickly checking which apps work and which don't I noticed the following graphic problems:

In Albums view the Pet Shop Boys Actually album (which is first in the albums list) is not showing an album graphic
In Artists view there is no graphic alongside Madonna although her three albums show okay.

I suspect both of these may clear themselves if I re-import the albums from my itunes PC. However all of the tracks do show the correct graphics when played.

More disappointingly when playing music every track I have played so far has been shown with the album cover surrounded by text in blue blocks. Previously the block colour varied according to the colour of the album photo.

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #176 of 270
Well when quickly checking which apps work and which don't I noticed the following graphic problems:

In Albums view the Pet Shop Boys Actually album (which is first in the albums list) is not showing an album graphic
In Artists view there is no graphic alongside Madonna although her three albums show okay.

I suspect both of these may clear themselves if I re-import the albums from my itunes PC. However all of the tracks do show the correct graphics when played.

More disappointingly when playing music every track I have played so far has been shown with the album cover surrounded by text in blue blocks. Previously the block colour varied according to the colour of the album photo.

Update:
Pet Shop Boys problem not fixed by re-import (perfect on ipad3 under ios7)
Madonna fixed by re-import
Blue background blocks so boring

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #178 of 270
It seems there are now some third party music players that work with Spotify, including one that's marketed for its more precise EQ.  Does this mean it is now possible to make CanOpener compatible, or is the app different somehow?

By the way, I was very pleased to see that you'll be adding the SRH1540 to the app!  I haven't been able to make much use of the app so far, but I have been using the CanOpener Studio plugin with Spotify on my laptop by using Soundflower to route my system audio through GarageBand, which hosts the audio unit.

The AU plugin has been very useful to me.  If it's possible to make the iOS app work with Spotify, I hope you're able to do so soon, because after using it for a few months on the desktop I'm beginning to find it hard to listen to music without it!

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #180 of 270
I'm having trouble adding flac files to this app. I drag and drop them into the "flac" folder on my pc, but when I try to open the app, it crashes immediately. I have an iPhone 5s running ios 7.1.2

Can Opener works fine without flac files which is the strange part.

Do I need to buy the hifi pack in order to put flac files into the app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back