CanOpener?
Mar 9, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #31 of 270
We've had a few requests for them. I'll try get my hands on a pair before the next update — thanks!

As I recently tweeted @canopener this app. works brilliantly on my iPhone 5 running ios7.0.6. However on my ipad 3 ruining ios 6.1.3 there are a number of problems.

Minor - Under Library, when in Albums mode, the artwork is shown for only about one third of my iTunes albums.

Major - Under Library if I tap on the FLAC tab or the Inbox tab then the app. freezes. That makes Canopener useless as a flacplayer at the moment.

I recommend purchase of the app. but not until it is fit for purpose once more.

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #33 of 270
As I recently tweeted @canopener this app. works brilliantly on my iPhone 5 running ios7.0.6. However on my ipad 3 ruining ios 6.1.3 there are a number of problems.

Minor - Under Library, when in Albums mode, the artwork is shown for only about one third of my iTunes albums.

Major - Under Library if I tap on the FLAC tab or the Inbox tab then the app. freezes. That makes Canopener useless as a flacplayer at the moment.

I recommend purchase of the app. but not until it is fit for purpose once more.

It is not really for me to comment but I believe the developers have a fix for my FLAC problem.

As for the artwork problem - it goes away if I delete and then copy back my iTunes albums from my PC.

......Now where did I leave my P7s

Ian

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #34 of 270
I would not mind seeing the Sony MDR-V6 added to a future update. For all these years many people are still using these. Also if there was a way to play music that is not on my device, lots of times i'm streaming from iTunes match.

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #38 of 270
Can the good folks working on the canopener app please allow the app to display the flac files in folder manner instead of list manner. It makes file browsing difficult and it is the only reason why I am keep going back to the other app,

I love this app, I have purchased all the add ons, please fix that major issue for flac users and let us just stick to this wonderful app for good.

Also I feel the app is sometimes laggy. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #39 of 270
Hey all,

Just a quick update from the CanOpener crew. We released v1.22 today that should take care of any FLAC issues affecting users still on iOS 6. Thanks for everyone who emailed support and helped us track it down! We've also streamlined the app loading process for users with large libraries and will continue to improve this in the future — it's a bit of a tricky problem given the API Apple gives us to work with.

CanOpener does reduce the output (around ~4.5 dB) with the clipping protection turned 'On' (it's a static gain change performed at 64 bit depth). It's usually not an issue unless trying to drive very high-impedance phones or certain car stereos.

On fully integrating the FLAC library with the iTunes library: we added the Inbox and FLAC sorting features in the meantime, which helps a lot. We'd love to fully integrate the two libraries, and this has always been the goal, but it's unfortunately not a quick change. We're working on it though!

Happy listening,
Devin

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #42 of 270
Hey all,

Just a quick update from the CanOpener crew. We released v1.22 today that should take care of any FLAC issues affecting users still on iOS 6. Thanks for everyone who emailed support and helped us track it down! We've also streamlined the app loading process for users with large libraries and will continue to improve this in the future — it's a bit of a tricky problem given the API Apple gives us to work with.

CanOpener does reduce the output (around ~4.5 dB) with the clipping protection turned 'On' (it's a static gain change performed at 64 bit depth). It's usually not an issue unless trying to drive very high-impedance phones or certain car stereos.

On fully integrating the FLAC library with the iTunes library: we added the Inbox and FLAC sorting features in the meantime, which helps a lot. We'd love to fully integrate the two libraries, and this has always been the goal, but it's unfortunately not a quick change. We're working on it though!

Happy listening,
Devin

I cannot distress how much i want this app for Android. Please make it happen. :D Please :)

Mar 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #44 of 270
  Please add iTunes Match Streaming support... I love you app but I cannot use as much as i would like to!! :)

We would love to be able to support streaming via iTunes Match, but because of limitations in iOS, it is not possible for third party apps to perform audio processing on streaming iTunes Match files. We hope this will change in the future though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back