Canlanta 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #136 of 158
Atlanta, I am inside you!
tongue.gif

Now get some rest. Your flight was early as hell.

Meanwhile I'm stuck in Cincinnati for another 3 hours.

May 20, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #137 of 158
May 20, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #138 of 158
Did the Tungsten make it to Atlanta? Be nice to see you again also.

May 20, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #139 of 158
Did the Tungsten make it to Atlanta? Be nice to see you again also.

Unfortunately, no. It was injured on its trip back from AXPONA. :frowning2: It's now headed back to Austin to receive treatment from Dr. Cavalli. :)

May 20, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #140 of 158
Unfortunately, no. It was injured on its trip back from AXPONA. :frowning2: It's now headed back to Austin to receive treatment from Dr. Cavalli. :)
That too bad I would've loved to hear it again it made CanJam that much better for me. Anyway just about to head out for Atlanta see you tomorrow Warren.
Brent

May 20, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #141 of 158
That too bad I would've loved to hear it again it made CanJam that much better for me. Anyway just about to head out for Atlanta see you tomorrow Warren.
Brent

Cheap gas can often be found at exit 15 on 1-75 in Corbin, KY (left off the exit to Speedway) and exit 369 on I-40 just past Knoxville, TN (right for Flying J or left for Petro). There's also a 12 mile or so stretch when you enter TN where there are no exits and you're driving through the mountains so make sure you're not low when you hit the KY/TN border. :D

May 20, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #143 of 158
Looking forward to my first meet tomorrow. Hoping to check out some CIEM's and DAPs.

Any tips? Do all accept credit cards? Are bags/backpacks allowed? I'll probably just bring my iPhone & mojo, unless it makes sense to bring more.

Btw, if any vendors accept plasma or kidneys as payment, I'm there.

May 20, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #144 of 158
Looking forward to my first meet tomorrow. Hoping to check out some CIEM's and DAPs.

Any tips? Do all accept credit cards? Are bags/backpacks allowed? I'll probably just bring my iPhone & mojo, unless it makes sense to bring more.

Joe Saxon at headphoneaudiophile is looking for a calf replacement. I'm sure that you could probably work something out with him. 
tongue.gif

May 20, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #146 of 158

I take all major plastic! Look forward to seeing you, pretty sure bags are fine, we never really discussed that, but we know people have to bring in stuff, so it should be fine. There are cameras in the hall so we can keep an eye on things! :wink:

May 20, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #147 of 158
  Here are a few tips for people getting out to their first meet...

1. Don't bring any gear, or if you do just bring your "reference" pair of headphones to gauge things with. Demonstrating gear is very time consuming to setup and then pack up and will take away from your opportunity to audition things that you may want to purchase. 

2. Feel free to bring your own music. The exhibitor may not be setup to let you use your own music but some will. It's always best to evaluate expensive purchases with music you're familiar with. 

3. ALWAYS ASK when using someone's gear. Mistakes can be made and accidents can happen when you're unfamiliar with how to use something. So it's always best to let the demonstrator "show you how" to use something. 

4. Don't bring drinks and food to sit at someone's table while you try gear. Grab a water bottle with a cap if you're thirsty. 

5. NEVER take a pair of headphones from someone's table to "try out" with some other amp without their express permission. And always return it directly to them when finished when they loan it to you. 

6. The vendor list for this event is a VERY good one. Make the most of it!! It's not everyday that you'll get a chance to speak directly to this impressive list of company reps face to face and ask your own questions. 

1. YES bring your source gear (Pono Player, etc.) if intending to pair with some new cans at CANlanta!

May 21, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #148 of 158
We are up and running.  I'll post some pictures shortly.  Stop by and say hello to me all the way in the back!

May 21, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #149 of 158
Very nice show today although the turn seemed light. Got to hear the soon to be released Mr. Speakers electrostatic through the Blue Hawaii which is simply outstanding. It was nice finding out that there is a local Astell & Kern dealer (Sight and Sound Gallery). They took my preorder for the new AK recorder. The show was well organized with a chance hear a wide variety of new gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back