CanJam SoCal 2023 (September 30-October 1)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #346 of 410
So now that the Preview Video is out, what are YOU looking forward to the most at CanJam SoCal?
Seeing your smiling face again Joe ; )

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #347 of 410
Saturday / Sunday weather low 70s.

Rain expected although light in SoCal usually. Plastic bag everything valuable to be safe (unless you've got waterproof headphones) if you're walking from John Wayne.

Those coming from lax can add 30-60 minutes to their commute should it be moderate. Heavy (rare) will add 2-3 hours.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #349 of 410
Hoping most exhibits have more offline music this year (or its easier to use your own source). Streaming off Qobuz and the like was pretty rough past couple years.

except a (very) odd vendor, you can pretty much always use your source... even with the HE1 (whcih I sadly have missed to sign up for this time...😱)

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #350 of 410
Just want to say thanks for the new video format - a few things have been brought to my attention that otherwise wouldn't have by the video, specifically the new R-2R DAP from Astell&Kern! Been really wanting a DAP with that kind of DAC and that doesn't have the issues that the P6 Pro has, usability-wise!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon, too!

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #353 of 410
Hey, question for ya'll. What iems are you most excited for from CanJam?

Mine are
Aful Cantor and Aful Soloist
Gizaudio Chopping
Truthear Nova
Elys. Diva
Subtonic Storm
Softears Enigma

All sounds exciting.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #354 of 410
Hoping most exhibits have more offline music this year (or its easier to use your own source). Streaming off Qobuz and the like was pretty rough past couple years.
Solution: Pre-download your own sopurce material to test track on all systems. usually pretty easy to connect any well kitted DAP.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #355 of 410
Was great to see all the Watercooler shoutouts in the preview vid :D

Hitting the road tomorrow-- should be in LA by about dinner time Friday.

I would love to get the SoCal badge added to my profile if there's anyone around who can do that :)

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #356 of 410
Was great to see all the Watercooler shoutouts in the preview vid :D

Hitting the road tomorrow-- should be in LA by about dinner time Friday.

I would love to get the SoCal badge added to my profile if there's anyone around who can do that :)

PM Joe for the badge :)

1695862141705.png

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #357 of 410
Sep 27, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #358 of 410
All good @warrenpchi got me covered. In other news I'm looking forward to seeing you at the show and maybe hearing your Andromeda again :D

Same to you! Looking forward to hearing your LP6 as well and the Singularity of course :)

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #360 of 410
Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there. I wonder if coming in early carries a disadvantage; because at least some rigs need time for proper warm-up and even burn-in of new cables, connections and components to fully come into their own. My current solid state system for instance needs at least 1-2 hours of warm-up every day to sound more neutral again. If anything though, I guess it would be a trade-off having either a just started system with quiet background vs. a warmed up system with some background noise from talking. I certainly heard fantastic sounds however on a cold startup with the LCD-5 system the year before last anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back