CanJam SoCal 2023 (September 30-October 1)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #181 of 410
Excited to be representing Kinera for this show.

The rest of my brands I'm representing already have their own teams and will be attending in one way shape or form.

Looking forward to another awesome CanJam!

Sep 11, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #183 of 410
see you all in a couple of weeks!

just cathcing up this thread. of course.. the HE1 sign up has already come up and got fully booked. I shouldve known better🤦‍♂️ well, I overdosed on it in Chicago, so I guess I got my fill. That said, if there were a show discount of $250 or something off the demo unit, I might have been tempted to take it home with me. I guess I'll have some spare change for other purchases.. 👅

really looking forward to seeing all of you soon..

Sep 12, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #185 of 410
It's really starting to hit now that it's just a couple of weeks away.

As much as I look forward to seeing what new gear is in store, it's really more about the people at this point. Looking forward to meeting more unique audiofools out there such as myself, ha!

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #186 of 410

As much as I look forward to seeing what new gear is in store, it's really more about the people at this point. Looking forward to meeting more unique audiofools out there such as myself, ha!
Sorry BRO! I'm audiocool!

Ya. You can probably guess from the comment that I may be the only one who feels that way. Even my 7 year old calls me 'embarrassing' now when I start with the Dad jokes. Little does he know how embarrassing I can be once he's dating.

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #187 of 410
Ok, we were temporarily sold out for the Sunday night only, but more rooms have been released if Sunday night is needed.

You're in for a great experience!

Sorry to piggyback off this. My friend has decided to join in but I think hotel rates are booked up. Any chance of any additional rooms being released for just Saturday night? Or not really?

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #188 of 410
This year's CanJam SoCal is gonna be sooooo good! 👍

While every CanJam is special to us here at Head-Fi, there are two that the community have truly embraced above all others: NYC and SoCal. For years now, each has been breaking the records set by the previous one, by substantial margins, and SoCal 2023 is no different. Just look at that exhibitor list, it's huge!

On the seminar front, NYC 2023 had twice the usual number of seminars earlier this year. And now, it looks like SoCal will have 20% more seminar action on top of that. While I get that auditioning gear is an exciting part of a show, you won't want to miss out on meeting and connecting with the industry experts flying in from all over the world. Ask any veteran Head-Fier, and they'll tell you that the best part of CanJam is each other. It's the friendships that we kindle and strengthen at each CanJam, that are the amongst the most meaningful parts of this hobby.

see you all in a couple of weeks!

really looking forward to seeing all of you soon..

Yes! On a personal note, I've decided to cash-in some vacation days this year. So for the first time in a decade, I'll actually be attending a CanJam for fun, instead of busily working at one! 🥳 In fact, now that I think about it, this is going to be my very first time actually attending a CanJam SoCal, as Ethan and I have worked them all since the first one back in 2015...

Wow, time really flew by there! 😮

BTW y'all, Ethan (@third_eye) puts in countless hours to make CanJams happen all over the world. If you're having a good time at SoCal this year, and you see him at the show, definitely say hi and give him a fist bump for all his hard work! 👊

Also, if this is your first CanJam (or if you're doing CanJam SoCal on your own this year), for the love of all that's good in this world, definitely introduce yourself if you see me. Srsly, forreals. Look at my face, look at my avatar - I am super friendly! 😃

And lastly, just in case y'all weren't amped up enough, here are a few recaps of SoCal 2022 to get you in the mood!

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #189 of 410
and I have worked them all since the first one back in 2015...

Dude, 8 years? you don’t look like you’ve aged more than 7!

So for the first time in a decade, I'll actually be attending a CanJam for fun, instead of busily working at one! 🥳

Alright, we’ll include you in our dinner plans :wink:

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #190 of 410

Definitely! Looking forward to seeing you again and let us know if we can accommodate any on-site content efforts you have.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #191 of 410
Definitely! Looking forward to seeing you again and let us know if we can accommodate any on-site content efforts you have.
Thank you, very generous of you to offer. Will be great to see you again!

This one will be different for me in that I'm going solo. Bri is staying home with the kids so I could experience this and I'm very lucky and grateful!

I'll have the Camera in hand ready to film some memorable moments.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #193 of 410
Dude, 8 years? you don’t look like you’ve aged more than 7!

But I feel like I've aged ten! 🙁

Alright, we’ll include you in our dinner plans :wink:

Yes sir! :relaxed:

I'm excited. It will be my first audio expo. Usually I'm like come check out my headphones. Isn't this amazing? And all I get is they sound better but idk why 😑

An absolutely invaluable part of meets and shows is that you finally get to hear what people talk about here in the forums. You can begin to form a personal subjective correlation to the general community consensus.

So when people say that the HD 650 sounds veiled compared to the HD 600, you can hear for yourself. When people say that the Susvara sounds plasticky when not driven properly, you can experience that. Basically, you'll be able to form referential impressions of your own, which will help you when you read others' impressions.

Finally I can meet other idiots who are obsessed with sound quality

Imagine walking into a place where nobody gives you that 😐 look... where everybody just gets you because they feel the same way... where the best headphones in the world are playing the songs of your people. Welcome home! 🥳

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #194 of 410
Entertainment too. Should be a great weekend.

(I'll get my coat).

I wish it were possible to hear the ZMF Eikon at the show. I'd love to be able to compare one with the Atticus and the Vérité closed back models.
ZMF have the Atticus and then other closed back models are twice the price. Leaves me wondering why there isn't a neutral(ish) balance closed back bridging the price gulf.
The good old Sennheiser HD-280 Pro is a highly neutral closedback, and maybe 30x cheaper. More expensive can be better, but often you can find astonishingly better bang for the buck in this hobby if you know where to look or how to tailor things.

Both days for sure! I always feel like I don't have enough time there lol. Especially if you find something you love.
For me two days isn't even enough to try the things I know I love. This two-day extravaganza thing is a catch-22; on one hand you want a third day to try more, but on the other hand life beckons and trip expenses build up.

Sincerely hope we can get clean power so we can enjoy your amps to its fullest!
I'm sure you're joking. Clean power never comes by hope. With all of modern's societies myriads of EMI/RFI from Wi-Fi, mobile hotspots, TV, radio, etc signal and all those stray electrons from myriads of component circuits emitted back into the power lines, the only way to get clean power is through the likes of power conditioners, shielded AC cables and grounding boxes.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #195 of 410
This year's CanJam SoCal is gonna be sooooo good! 👍

While every CanJam is special to us here at Head-Fi, there are two that the community have truly embraced above all others: NYC and SoCal. For years now, each has been breaking the records set by the previous one, by substantial margins, and SoCal 2023 is no different. Just look at that exhibitor list, it's huge!

On the seminar front, NYC 2023 had twice the usual number of seminars earlier this year. And now, it looks like SoCal will have 20% more seminar action on top of that. While I get that auditioning gear is an exciting part of a show, you won't want to miss out on meeting and connecting with the industry experts flying in from all over the world. Ask any veteran Head-Fier, and they'll tell you that the best part of CanJam is each other. It's the friendships that we kindle and strengthen at each CanJam, that are the amongst the most meaningful parts of this hobby.

Yes! On a personal note, I've decided to cash-in some vacation days this year. So for the first time in a decade, I'll actually be attending a CanJam for fun, instead of busily working at one! 🥳 In fact, now that I think about it, this is going to be my very first time actually attending a CanJam SoCal, as Ethan and I have worked them all since the first one back in 2015...

Wow, time really flew by there! 😮

BTW y'all, Ethan (@third_eye) puts in countless hours to make CanJams happen all over the world. If you're having a good time at SoCal this year, and you see him at the show, definitely say hi and give him a fist bump for all his hard work! 👊

Also, if this is your first CanJam (or if you're doing CanJam SoCal on your own this year), for the love of all that's good in this world, definitely introduce yourself if you see me. Srsly, forreals. Look at my face, look at my avatar - I am super friendly! 😃

And lastly, just in case y'all weren't amped up enough, here are a few recaps of SoCal 2022 to get you in the mood!

Goodness. Who’s that handsome rake standing behind Zach? Did they hire professional models for these videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back