CanJam SoCal 2023 (September 30-October 1)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #61 of 410
hopefully i can attend for the 3rd time… just minutes away from the CJ marriott. 😁😆
whats new for this year… can we do a meetup for fellow enthusiasts and headfier members…
I’m open.

Aug 1, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #62 of 410
I live close enough to drive, but got a room at the hotel at the reduced rate so I don't have to! The issue comes when I have a drink and then demo gear.

But I would love to meet some fellow head-fiers in person! Will be bringing most of my good stuff (not contraband, well maybe)!

Aug 5, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #63 of 410
As they say on tv, 'other (shows) are available.
I'm surprised there's no similar promotion/discussion of the London show on 19/20 this month unless I've missed a thread. I've never been to a headpne show and not sure what to expect. I will be there mainly to listen to ZMF and concerned I will have had a long journey (for the UK) and not have much access to the product. Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #64 of 410
You're in luck, we have just such a thread for CanJam London as well: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam-london-2023-august-19-20-2023.968155/ Those who simply can't wait for CanJam SoCal later this year should join us at CanJam London later this month!

As for CanJam SoCal, I'm looking forward to seeing all the West Coast people again. Seeing a bunch of folks only once a year isn't nearly enough.

Aug 5, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #66 of 410
I am getting excited! Can't wait to see our old friends and meet more new friends. We will bring the most exciting gears we have to see you there!
Any chance you can or will bring the Custom Art FIBAE 5? You guys are the only U.S. retailer (as far as I know) and I've been dying to try that obscure and elusive iem that could probably be a new benchmark in the kilobuck bracket.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #67 of 410
Any chance you can or will bring the Custom Art FIBAE 5? You guys are the only U.S. retailer (as far as I know) and I've been dying to try that obscure and elusive iem that could probably be a new benchmark in the kilobuck bracket.
I freakin love mine, and I'd let you try it out, but it's ciem 😁

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #68 of 410
I freakin love mine, and I'd let you try it out, but it's ciem 😁
Thanks so much for the offer! Maybe I can force fit them in my ears..:smile: We should meet up anyway so I can pick your brain about them (and your Z1R) anyways.

Aug 6, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #70 of 410
As they say on tv, 'other (shows) are available.
I'm surprised there's no similar promotion/discussion of the London show on 19/20 this month unless I've missed a thread. I've never been to a headpne show and not sure what to expect. I will be there mainly to listen to ZMF and concerned I will have had a long journey (for the UK) and not have much access to the product. Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily.
There's a CanJam London thread, too 🙂 I Believe ZMF attends every CanJam, but I may be mistaken. If they're there, see if you can try the Atrium on a WA23 amp. I love that combo.

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #72 of 410
There's a CanJam London thread, too 🙂 I Believe ZMF attends every CanJam, but I may be mistaken. If they're there, see if you can try the Atrium on a WA23 amp. I love that combo.
Thanks - yes I've been pointed toward it. I hope to be able to try the Atrium, Vérité and Atticus if time allows. I would like to try the Eikon too but realise they are no longer in production. I need a closed back but it would be interesting to try one of the open backs too. Time constraints will no doubt dictate how many I can try.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #73 of 410
Thanks - yes I've been pointed toward it. I hope to be able to try the Atrium, Vérité and Atticus if time allows. I would like to try the Eikon too but realise they are no longer in production. I need a closed back but it would be interesting to try one of the open backs too. Time constraints will no doubt dictate how many I can try.
The Verite Closed is my favorite ZMF closed back, but the Eikon is also awesome. However, if you're just looking for a great closed back and don't mind if it isn't ZMF, try the Focal Radiance or the DCA Aeon Noire. I really love both of those headphones, although they have very different tuning with the Radiance being more of a warm HD6**-esque signature and the Aeon being more neutral to my ears.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #74 of 410
The Verite Closed is my favorite ZMF closed back, but the Eikon is also awesome. However, if you're just looking for a great closed back and don't mind if it isn't ZMF, try the Focal Radiance or the DCA Aeon Noire. I really love both of those headphones, although they have very different tuning with the Radiance being more of a warm HD6**-esque signature and the Aeon being more neutral to my ears.
Thanks. I'll see if I can try these at the show. I did try some Focus Celestée at my local hifi dealer. They were driven by a Chord TT2. I thought the sound was very thin and unappealing. So what am I used to - an ancient pair of Senn HD580. I'm new to the world of headphones. I also tried Meze Audio 99 Classics which got my feet tapping.

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #75 of 410
We'll have the all-new TUBE mini and @Abyss Headphones Diana MR at CanJam SoCal. Experience this truly high-end portable system and be amazed by the sound.

tempImage2jK7YL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back