CanJam SoCal 2023 (September 30-October 1)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #31 of 410
Was thinking of taking my Dan Clark Noire or my JM set. So, 3.5mm cable and a 1/4" - should I bring a balanced 2.5mm or a 4.4mm adapter as well? Any other adapters that I'm missing?
It’s easier to have a balanced cable and then adapters to single ended. Amps nowadays use 4.4mm and 4pin XLR for balanced, for single ended you need 1/4” and 3.5mm. 2.5mm is rarer nowadays, but you might want an adapter to run stuff balanced out of your Qudelix.

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #32 of 410
It’s easier to have a balanced cable and then adapters to single ended. Amps nowadays use 4.4mm and 4pin XLR for balanced, for single ended you need 1/4” and 3.5mm. 2.5mm is rarer nowadays, but you might want an adapter to run stuff balanced out of your Qudelix.

Would 4.4mm or 4 pin XLR be more common or recommended?

Jul 22, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #35 of 410
The only question I have is do I stay one or two days…
Two days!!! :ksc75smile:

Been years since I've logged in and posted but super excited for this SoCal canjam! Bought the two day and already booked my hotel stay (how do we do the discounted parking rate? Or is that better to ask the front desk at the time of? I think they have EV charging as well so I'd be curious how that works).

Going to have to do some research on what to bring but excited to demo and enjoy.
Let them know at the front desk when you check in, and then always check your bill. Worked every time for me the last few CanJams there. BTW, I always found the front desk staff to be great and very helpful.

So excited! Very new to the hobby (about 6 months) and have fallen head first into the rabbit hole! So glad I live within driving distance to experience such a cool event.
You will have an incredible time. Be sure to take time to meet other head-fi'ers. @AxelCloris put together a video on tips for attending a CanJam -

CanJam SoCal is definitely going to be a bigger event than Chicago with more vendors and people as well.
Bet it will be the biggest one yet. Bigger than NYC 2023.

I'm thinking of a check list for phones that I definitely want to listen but I'm wondering what I should bring with me.

The primary things I was thinking were my phone, my Qudelix-5k, some cables and maybe a set of cans so I can demo other DACs or something.

Is there anything else that newbies should consider bringing along?
Water bottle and enough snacks to get you through the day.

Jul 23, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #36 of 410
I'm so, so tempted to attend again. Last year was brilliant. Everyone was ever so friendly. Also, as I'm a Star Wars Fan... I was able to visit Galaxy's Edge for the first time. A double reason to have visited last year... even more so this year..!!

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #37 of 410
Will be my first CJ as well and very excited and overwhelmed with all the brands participating!! Going to be a busy and fun couple days (expensive too, I'm afraid!).

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #39 of 410
Jul 26, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #41 of 410
I also bought my tickets & hotel and am looking forward to this as my first CanJam experience! How many informal meet-ups happen the Friday before or Monday after? And are new attendees generally welcome at them? Trying to figure out if I should arrive early (or stay late).

Any fellow Colorado Head-Fi'ers making the trip? @ABuilder ; @Climber; @eruilluvitar ; @Halazzi ; @sharktopus ; @hygume ?

Jul 26, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #43 of 410
I also bought my tickets & hotel and am looking forward to this as my first CanJam experience! How many informal meet-ups happen the Friday before or Monday after? And are new attendees generally welcome at them? Trying to figure out if I should arrive early (or stay late).

Any fellow Colorado Head-Fi'ers making the trip? @ABuilder ; @Climber; @eruilluvitar ; @Halazzi ; @sharktopus ; @hygume ?
I'll be there!

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #45 of 410
I am getting excited! Can't wait to see our old friends and meet more new friends. We will bring the most exciting gears we have to see you there!
Looking forward to it. Definitely going to spend some time at the booth. Planning to go home with some newly purchased gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back