CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #948 of 1,339

How about "I Love LA" by Randy Newman?

I already posted that in a previous post last week, so I didn't want to repeat it.  
redface.gif

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5LzCOc98E

There ya go!  
smile.gif

I can't believe you missed this one:

I was just getting the ball rolling... it's up to y'all to post the good stuff!  
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #950 of 1,339
  ***IMPORTANT***  When are you arriving?

Seems like a ton of us are getting in early in the week, so we should start coordinating and getting our social on!  
smile.gif
  In fact, some of you are getting in as early as Monday (you know who you are).

We can hang out, enjoy each others' company, have ad hoc mini meets (I have a JH Layla, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, A&K AKT5p, Cozoy Astrapi, and some secret prototypes with me), or just enjoy a world without slush, ice and downed power lines.  Well, everyone except you solitary, we know that ain't yo thang.

Given that we're coming from all over the world, and not all staying at the same hotel, this may be a challenge... but I know we can do it.  If you're up for hanging out ahead of time, please PM me with the date/time you expect to be all checked-in and available for exploring SoCal.  Be sure to leave a number as I'll be running around all next week, and phone/txt is the best way to reach me, and for me to reach you in return.

*Note:  I may not be around for all of the fun as I'll have some CanJam-related prep work, but I can at least help organize everything!

***LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE***  Ultimate Ears Factory Tour

Ultimate Ears has graciously offered to open their doors to a select group of us for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at their mothership!  I've done this tour multiple times, and I can assure you that it is both enlightening and fun.

The tour is scheduled for Friday, March 27th at 2:00p over at UE's headquarters in Irvine.  There are 20 spots available, of which about 7 have already been filled.  If you want in, please let me know a.s.a.p.  We'll be meeting at the Westin between 1:15p - 1:30p, and departing from there via carpool to reach UE by 2:00p.

***SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFAST***  R.S.V.P. for Reservations

Ahh, breakfast... the meal of champion show goers!  
biggrin.gif
 All are welcome, attendees and exhibitors alike!  The hotel's restaurant opens at 8:00a so we'll have to make it a relatively quick breakfast (at least I will) to hit the show floor by 9:00.  Please R.S.V.P. here in the thread no later than 11:59p on Wednesday, the 25th.  I'll make the reservation first thing Thursday morning for Sunday Brunch @ 8:00a.

​
 ​

Warren, please count me in for Sunday Brunch and most likely Wotts too.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 22, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #954 of 1,339
Are nudists allowed to attend? This way we don't have to bring the Hawaiian shirt, and less chance of soiling the headphones on dirty clothes. Then we can be a big group of nudist-audiophiles!

Well, I actually am a nudist and an audiophile, but I usually wear clothes to formal events... so no 'worries' LOLz.

Just a bit of early morning humor for ya all!

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #955 of 1,339
Does anybody know if there will be any headphones from the top-tier Fostex product line, or any electrostatic's such as Stax Lambda SR-(XXX) series; either in the member showcases or the exhibitors? If any member will be bringing some then please send me a PM so that  maybe we can audition them off to the side (I have some cool headphones you can try too). Thanks! - Levi

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #957 of 1,339
Are nudists allowed to attend? This way we don't have to bring the Hawaiian shirt, and less chance of soiling the headphones on dirty clothes. Then we can be a big group of nudist-audiophiles!

Well, I actually am a nudist and an audiophile, but I usually wear clothes to formal events... so no 'worries' LOLz.

Just a bit of early morning humor for ya all!

If CanJam was being held at Black's Beach In La Jolla, sure! Not sure the authorities would allow that at the Westin though (I know it's a joke). :bigsmile_face:

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #958 of 1,339
I'll be there for Sunday breakfast. Sign me up! Cheers

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #959 of 1,339
  Does anybody know if there will be any headphones from the top-tier Fostex product line, or any electrostatic's such as Stax Lambda SR-(XXX) series; either in the member showcases or the exhibitors? If any member will be bringing some then please send me a PM so that  maybe we can audition them off to the side (I have some cool headphones you can try too). Thanks! - Levi

Headamp and Cavalli should have 007 and 009's, Woo might also.

I'm sure there will be Fostex floating around at some of the booths. Moon audio had Kingsound and a huge selection of headphones at CanJam so if they do the same for this you should be able to find what you are looking for there, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back