CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 22, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #963 of 1,339
Hey, I'll be there for for breakfast, every morning.

Jim

Will see you there Jim!

Warren - Will you send out details on the bfast time, location, etc?

Take care - Michael

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #964 of 1,339

By mere minutes???  
confused.gif
  You're going, just arrive straight at UE instead of the hotel.  
smile.gif

I'm flying in on Friday since I had Southwest points. :)

Arrival time is around 1:30 PM, so I'll be rushing my ass over. Definitely don't want to miss the tour if possible.

I'm also down for Sunday breakfast if there are still spaces. 

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #967 of 1,339
Hello all, I have a SUPER HELPFUL link so that we can find audiophile quality songs that were mastered well to bring with us for product testing at CanJam. Here is one great thread here on Head-Fi:

"The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment"
http://www.head-fi.org/t/108584/the-best-audiophile-tracks-to-test-equipment

Also try searching on these forums for things like mastering engineer, well mastered, etc. for a few other good threads. After all, THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF ANY AUDIO SYSTEM CANNOT BE REALISED UNLESS THE SOURCE AUDIO WAS MASTERED WELL!!

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #968 of 1,339
Hello all, I have a SUPER HELPFUL link so that we can find audiophile quality songs that were mastered well to bring with us for product testing at CanJam. Here is one great thread here on Head-Fi:

"The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment"
http://www.head-fi.org/t/108584/the-best-audiophile-tracks-to-test-equipment

Also try searching on these forums for things like mastering engineer, well mastered, etc. for a few other good threads. After all, THE TRUE POTENTIAL OF ANY AUDIO SYSTEM CANNOT BE REALISED UNLESS THE SOURCE AUDIO WAS MASTERED WELL!!

It's also beneficial for one to bring music one is very familiar with (well recorded as well, of course). I found this most valuable when I was researching and audition for speakers. Headphones are speakers that go on your head.

Mar 22, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #970 of 1,339
  Here are two I like...heh.

beerchug.gif

Warren, please count me in for Sunday Brunch and most likely Wotts too.

Gotcha!  
smile.gif

Sorry warrenpchi ...had not seen the previous post.

Nah, no worries.  I had thought about posting it again, but I thought I might be overdoing it.  
redface.gif

Hmm, I suppose I should RSVP for brunch as well. 8AM in Cali is 11AM for my internal clock so I'll definitely be awake by then. :p

Gotcha!  
smile.gif

Still space for the UE tour?

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  +1 for UE pls 
etysmile.gif

The spaces filled up MUCH faster than I anticipated, but I've got you both down (as well as your +1 OJ) in the waiting list.  
redface.gif

I'll be there for Sunday breakfast. Sign me up! Cheers

Gotcha!  
smile.gif

Hey, I'll be there for for breakfast, every morning.

Jim

Gotcha!  
smile.gif

Warren - Will you send out details on the bfast time, location, etc?

Take care - Michael

Yup, of course!  It will be in the Westin's restaurant, so we won't have to go far.  I'll post details as soon as the reservation is made.  
smile.gif

I'm also down for Sunday breakfast if there are still spaces. 

Gotcha!  
smile.gif

Does anybody know if there will be any headphones from the top-tier Fostex product line, or any electrostatic's such as Stax Lambda SR-(XXX) series; either in the member showcases or the exhibitors? If any member will be bringing some then please send me a PM so that  maybe we can audition them off to the side (I have some cool headphones you can try too). Thanks! - Levi

Headamp and Cavalli should have 007 and 009's, Woo might also.

I'm sure there will be Fostex floating around at some of the booths. Moon audio had Kingsound and a huge selection of headphones at CanJam so if they do the same for this you should be able to find what you are looking for there, too.

Sounds great but I was meaning to also try the cheaper STAX Lambda SR-207, 307, 407 & 507 if possible. Thanks

Be sure to check the members showcase someone might bring one.

Levi, the show guide should answer all of your questions about the STAX and Fostex gear.  As there are a number of secret things in the show guide, we won't be publishing it until Jude's second video comes out, as he'll be covering those exclusive new product launches in the video.

Mar 22, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #971 of 1,339

The spaces filled up MUCH faster than I anticipated, but I've got you both down (as well as your +1 OJ) in the waiting list.  
redface.gif

Ugh, fine, if you're going to screw me on this, I might as well at least sign up for breakfast 
mad.gif

tongue.gif

Looking forward to the megameet. I can bring along some rare-ish lambdas if there's a table open to hosting them, though So-Cal usually has a good selection regardless.

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #972 of 1,339
When is Jude's Video Part 2 expected?

Also, was the Member's Showcase link ever created? Sorry if I missed it. 

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #974 of 1,339
beerchug.gif
  Have fun!  I'll be awaiting the Impressions Thread to start 29 - 31 March, being unable to attend myself due to hard schedule conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back