CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #1,158 of 1,339
  Also out of curiosity; is headphones not as niche of a thing in California or does it just happen to be there this takes place?

Still pretty niche, although I imagine not so much as in some other parts of the country. A lot of people in Orange County have disposable income for hobbies, so I've spotted some legit audio gear in the wild. Also, a lot of the music industry is based in LA.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #1,159 of 1,339

Still pretty niche, although I imagine not so much as in some other parts of the country. A lot of people in Orange County have disposable income for hobbies, so I've spotted some legit audio gear in the wild. Also, a lot of the music industry is based in LA.

Thanks for the response! In Sweden we manage to have a close to non-existing 300 usd + audio gear, never encountered it "in the wild" and it's rare even to find a place to demo it. This all despite the quite large music export and Sweden being reasonably wealthy. Guess it varies a lot.

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,161 of 1,339
Plane boarded. Take off in 10.

I have never seen so many Apple earbuds.

First leg done(two hour drive to the airport). Glad I didn't leave last night. There were at least fifteen identifiable locations where cars and bigrigs went into the ditch. This morning the roads were clear.

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,163 of 1,339
  Update
We will be opening the impressions thread for CanJam at 9a PST on Saturday morning! This will give everyone who is unable to attend a chance to get "live" impressions, reports, pics, and maybe even some video. Stay tuned!

Uh, I'll take a pass on seeing that, thank you. However, I am wondering: Are there going to be any lectures/seminars and will they be recorded for later viewing or listening? 

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,165 of 1,339
Arriving today or tomorrow??  Make sure you bring your shorts and flip-flops. It's going to be in the 90's. 
L3000.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,167 of 1,339
First leg done(two hour drive to the airport). Glad I didn't leave last night. There were at least fifteen identifiable locations where cars and bigrigs went into the ditch. This morning the roads were clear.

Bob, you really should move somewhere with better road conditions.

Jim

PS - lets both leave our successful well paying jobs, move to California, and struggle to feed ourselves selling headphones.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,170 of 1,339
Hi friends!  This weekend marks our 3rd anniversary and we will be having a thank you sale at the meet. 

Alpha headphones: 20% off
Mad Dog Pro: 15% off
Mad Dog: 10% off

We will have limited quantities available on hand but will ship at no charge should we run out.

Thanks again for the amazing support for the last 3 years!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back