CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 25, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #1,141 of 1,339
Hi, everyone. Starting my head-fi journey last year, Canjam Socal is the first audio show I will go. Just want to know what I need to bring in order to listen my favorite songs from those amazing gears.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #1,142 of 1,339
Hi, everyone. Starting my head-fi journey last year, Canjam Socal is the first audio show I will go. Just want to know what I need to bring in order to listen my favorite songs from those amazing gears.

Bring a CD with some of your favorite tracks, along with a USB thumb drive and a micro SD card. You can even bring a dap or phone with music on it. And if you want to you can bring your own headphones to listen to amps.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #1,143 of 1,339
Hey all , please go out of your way to check out FritzSpeakers. Fritz is one of the good guys, who grew a business almost by accident out of passion. Wonderful sounding, beautifully made, fairly priced speakers. I bought a pair of his demos a few years back. He showed up at my house, lugged them in, helped me set them up, hung out for a couple hours listening to music while I checked them out. I said I'd take them, he mentioned a wonderful price (they were a pair of voicing demos for his grove towers). He left saying nah, mail me check once you are sure. We had traded 3 or 4 emails or phone calls and never met before.

I know I digress from headphone madness, I just want Fritz to feel welcome. If you are a speaker person at all, check him out, and tell him Aaron says hi, wish I coulda made it!

Ok, back to head-fi…

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #1,144 of 1,339

I will be there both days so whatever you decide will be good,  I would volunteer my source but I don't have that many good music files (or properly tag files for that matter) so they couldn't do it justice.

I have a lot of hi-res music files. I will bring my external HD :)

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #1,145 of 1,339
Hey all , please go out of your way to check out FritzSpeakers. Fritz is one of the good guys, who grew a business almost by accident out of passion. Wonderful sounding, beautifully made, fairly priced speakers. I bought a pair of his demos a few years back. He showed up at my house, lugged them in, helped me set them up, hung out for a couple hours listening to music while I checked them out. I said I'd take them, he mentioned a wonderful price (they were a pair of voicing demos for his grove towers). He left saying nah, mail me check once you are sure. We had traded 3 or 4 emails or phone calls and never met before.

I know I digress from headphone madness, I just want Fritz to feel welcome. If you are a speaker person at all, check him out, and tell him Aaron says hi, wish I coulda made it!

Ok, back to head-fi…

Enthusiastically endorse Aaron's recommendation! Definitely worth seeking out and having a listen.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #1,148 of 1,339
Hello, I saw the new map & exhibitors list. Pardon me if this may have already been asked: What's the purpose of the 1st floor, is there anything to be seen there? Also it looks like there are 9 member showcases, right?

Nothing to see on floor one.

I would like to attend.

Gear list:

AK240
K812 moded
HD800 moded
T5p Moded
K3003
Fitear TG334 + 000 cable
Pandora Hope VI

and more...

Just so you know there are no more tables in the members showcase and you would only be able to show your gear in the lobby on the third floor. this isn't a traditional headphone meet either.

Mar 26, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #1,150 of 1,339
I'm not a morning person so breakfast isn't really an option. But I'd love to have dinner with other head-fiers on Saturday or Sunday. Are there any plans in the works?

Knowing Warren it's prolly going to be tgif lol. There are plans but not 100% yet.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,154 of 1,339
I still don't have really solid plans on getting a ride to CanJam. Please, someone has to be out there, help! I would like to go both days, so most likely I'd get a ride for Saturday morning, stay at a shady hotel or just stay up all night talking to people, and then get a ride back to UCLA on Sunday night. I really don't want to take public transportation all the way there from the UCLA area.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,155 of 1,339
I still don't have really solid plans on getting a ride to CanJam. Please, someone has to be out there, help! I would like to go both days, so most likely I'd get a ride for Saturday morning, stay at a shady hotel or just stay up all night talking to people, and then get a ride back to UCLA on Sunday night. I really don't want to take public transportation all the way there from the UCLA area.

Uber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back