CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 26, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,186 of 1,339
Also I would suggest Umami Burger which is just on the other side of the free way, no more than a 5 minute drive or like 30 min walk.

http://www.umamiburger.com/menu/

You'd recommend umami burger over g burger?!!

I'm afraid I have derail the thread and call your taste buds into question sir. Is umami good? yes but it is about ~$3 to expensive and their signature burger can only be described as meh. Is it worth the money to try if you never had it .... Yes, but compare to in-n-out (taste:value champ) and g burger(taste champ) I'd say it's a pass

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,188 of 1,339

Introducing the reimagined ALO Continental, we have upped the bar with the new Continental Dual Mono.

​

We will have 2 working CDM units at the show please come and listen. We also have now for sale as a show special item the limited edition ALO Rx IEM amp. Continental Dual Mono (coming soon)

Continental Dual Mono

- Dual mono 6111 tube gain stages

- No DC-DC converters for tubes, no transformers!

- Super low-noise / microphonics

- SE and BAL headphone outputs

- SE and BAL line level inputs 

- high/low gain

- Separate linear voltage regulation used for analog and digital sections

- Wolfson's flagship WM8741 d/a converter

- Supports DSD and high-res PCM

- D/A converts with iDevices when used with CCK cable

- Precision clock generator IC

- LEDs to indicate sample rate of USB data stream

- SE dedicated line output jack

- Premium 3-cell Li-ion battery pack using Panasonic 18650 cells

- 12.6V, 1.5A external charger

-Billet aluminum 100% CNC machined enclosure

-Corning "Gorilla Glass" viewing window

-User replaceable 6111 tube boards design

ALO audio Rx

On sale now! - Please come visit our both at the show!

​
Cheers Ken @ ALO

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 26, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #1,189 of 1,339
You'd recommend umami burger over g burger?!!

I'm afraid I have derail the thread and call your taste buds into question sir. Is umami good? yes but it is about ~$3 to expensive and their signature burger can only be described as meh. Is it worth the money to try if you never had it .... Yes, but compare to in-n-out (taste:value champ) and g burger(taste champ) I'd say it's a pass

I have never had g burger, but I heard it is good as well, I suggested umami because its different then most buger places and is very close to the Westin only a 5 minute drive and a 20 minute walk.

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,190 of 1,339
I have never had g burger, but I heard it is good as well, I suggested umami because its different then most buger places and is very close to the Westin only a 5 minute drive and a 20 minute walk.

I love Umami Burger in my area, and anyone who hasn't tried it make sure to check out Bruxie as well - absolutely scrumptious Waffle-based sandwiches, gourmet drinks/desserts, and then some!

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #1,192 of 1,339
This looks delicious, i love waffle based sandwiches. Might have to go during dinner time so I can get dessert too.

Let me know, I can take you (and three more people) if you want to go during dinner.

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,193 of 1,339
Wow, plenty of non-mall eating places and a couple within walking distance. (Reference for next time for me).
Not real sure about waffle sandwiches personally. I like waffles and I like a variety of sammies, but together? I don't know, might confuse my taste buds.
At any rate, all those places beat the snot out of those stupid gourmet food trucks which are about as far from gourmet and edible as you can get. Been there, done that.

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #1,194 of 1,339
I'm so excited!!! I'm going to pack up my gear tomorrow and then get up at 4AM and drive to the OC. I have experienced some pretty bad traffic in Oceanside and north of there around San Clemente on weekends just to let you guys know so be wary if you are driving up from San Diego.

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #1,195 of 1,339
All you guys arguing about burgers! I'm just happy to be able to visit even Whole Foods! 

Mar 26, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #1,196 of 1,339
Wow, plenty of non-mall eating places and a couple within walking distance. (Reference for next time for me).
Not real sure about waffle sandwiches personally. I like waffles and I like a variety of sammies, but together? I don't know, might confuse my taste buds.
At any rate, all those places beat the snot out of those stupid gourmet food trucks which are about as far from gourmet and edible as you can get. Been there, done that.

All you guys arguing about burgers! I'm just happy to be able to visit even Whole Foods! 

What is great is that the Costa Mesa/surrounding area has enough different types of eateries (and Whole Food-esque stores) to float everyone's palate boat. :bigsmile_face:

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,197 of 1,339
A little something for those who can't make it to the OC CanJam this weekend.

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,199 of 1,339
Joe and I are on our way. We're getting in pretty late, so I don't know that we'll see any of you tonight.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and through the weekend!

Safe travels guys! See you both this weekend - Michael 

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #1,200 of 1,339
Joe and I are on our way. We're getting in pretty late, so I don't know that we'll see any of you tonight.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow and through the weekend!

Finallly :D, i will also be getting there late at night around 930ish. Prolly going to stop in Westminster and get some pho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back