CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #812 of 1,339
  Just drove past the Westin twice last night. Getting itchy over here.

I understand how you feel.  I go to South Coast Plaza every few weeks or so - last time I took more pictures of yummy stuff in and around the mall that I may share on this thread.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #814 of 1,339
  I've been thinking about picking up a Hinderer XM-18 3" wharncliffe, it's a dangerous place.

Costa Mesa/CanJam area, dangerous?

Some parts of Santa Ana possibly, but anything near Costa Mesa's CanJam and South Coast Plaza is very 'ritzy'.  People come from all over the world to shop there - most of the signs at the mall are in Chinese!  Orange County as a whole isn't very dangerous.  Of course anything can happen anywhere, but I would definitely not associate the CanJam area with the word "dangerous" by any stretch of the imagination.  

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #816 of 1,339

Costa Mesa/CanJam area, dangerous?

Some parts of Santa Ana possibly, but anything near Costa Mesa's CanJam and South Coast Plaza is very 'ritzy'.  People come from all over the world to shop there - most of the signs at the mall are in Chinese!  Orange County as a whole isn't very dangerous.  Of course anything can happen anywhere, but I would definitely not associate the CanJam area with the word "dangerous" by any stretch of the imagination.  

I would not call it a dangerous area. Think Kardashian and that pretty much is it. Not my scene, so I don't venture down there unless I have to which is about once every few years.

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #817 of 1,339

You must not be familiar with Plaza Cutlery. I have an affliction towards expensive knives.

Ah, you mean Plaza Cutlery is dangerous.  Please - you've got to specify better, sir.  The way you wrote it doesn't mention a store in South Coast Plaza (or any store for that matter) and I could only think that you meant that South Coast Plaza or the area was dangerous because that was what I spoke about last.

I like collecting things like watches.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #818 of 1,339
  I would not call it a dangerous area. Think Kardashian and that pretty much is it. Not my scene, so I don't venture down there unless I have to which is about once every few years.

Yeah, David Aldrich meant the cutlery store is dangerous.

Kardshian...not sure if they would venture that far from where they currently live.  But yeah, the clientele is usually well-off. 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #820 of 1,339

Yeah, David Aldrich meant the cutlery store is dangerous.

Kardshian...not sure if they would venture that far from where they currently live.  But yeah, the clientele is usually well-off. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Folks being well-off is not an issue with me . It's the attitude and behavior that is what I was referring to.
As for places/stores dangerous to one's bank account: There are plenty around not even near the place. For me it's places like Bed, Bath & Beyond, Amazon, Record shops.....
normal_smile .gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #821 of 1,339
Updates
- We will be posting our Show Maps and Exhibitor Information tomorrow so you can all start planning your show!
- The ShaG will have a live drawing on Sunday afternoon! More details and information to come but importantly, eligible participants will NOT have to be physically present to claim their prize.
- T-Shirt order has been placed, for those that pre-ordered you will be able to make payment and pick up your shirt at Registration. If you prefer to prepay with a via paypal invoice.......please send me a PM.

Please head over to the CanJam Eventbrite registration page to register if you have not already done so. Since we are expecting very heavy traffic on both days of CanJam, pre-registration will help us expedite the check-in process and reduce potential time in line. Please note that we will only have one dedicated station for credit card payments at Registration and there will be a convenience fee on credit card transactions. 

With that said.....................ONLY 11 DAYS TO GO!!!

gs1000.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #822 of 1,339
  Updates
- We will be posting our Show Maps and Exhibitor Information tomorrow so you can all start planning your show!
- The ShaG will have a live drawing on Sunday afternoon! More details and information to come but importantly, eligible participants will NOT have to be physically present to claim their prize.
- T-Shirt order has been placed, for those that pre-ordered you will be able to make payment and pick up your shirt at Registration. If you prefer to prepay with a via paypal invoice.......please send me a PM.

Please head over to the CanJam Eventbrite registration page to register if you have not already done so. Since we are expecting very heavy traffic on both days of CanJam, pre-registration will help us expedite the check-in process and reduce potential time in line. Please note that we will only have one dedicated station for credit card payments at Registration and there will be a convenience fee on credit card transactions. 

With that said.....................ONLY 11 DAYS TO GO!!!

gs1000.gif

Live drawing, that's a much quicker turn-around than the one at RMAF. Very nice.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #824 of 1,339

Yep! The live drawings are a LOT of fun!!!

Sweet! Will the "goodies" be passed out live as well? Instant gratification = good motivator. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #825 of 1,339
Just bought tickets.  Super excited.  Can't wait to see everyone there.  I will be bringing a bunch of goodies as well.  Stay tuned.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back