CanJam Singapore 2019 Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2019 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 211
CanJam Singapore 2019 is underway! Please post your impressions here! #ListenLikeNeverBefore

IMG_20190330_144528.jpg IMG_20190330_144234.jpg MVIMG_20190330_144245.jpg IMG_20190330_165933.jpg

Mar 30, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #2 of 211
Can you all stop by RAAL booth and TRY OUT THE SR1A !!! please :)

It looks like this. I need more impressions !!!!

As requested by Protoss

Hi protoss, there was long queue earlier but I managed to try it out - and it was really amazing pair of headphones!

When it was switched on, I asked if the music was already played as I didn't really hear anything from the headphone, instead I heard a music COMING FROM THE ROOM - not from the headphone.
I asked him few times, are you sure?? He said yes it is on!

Then I listened to it more closely, and then took it off - no sound, when I put it on then I heard the music plays again - but it didn't feel come from a headphone at all!!
It feels like someone plays a music using speaker.

Damn, I said, this thing is the real deal! The voice is so natural like someone is talking to you directly, the soundstage is really good, I don't know how to say it!
Instrument separation is really great! And tonally everything just sounds correct!

I tried quite number of headphones in the past such as Susvara, HD800, various Audeze headphones and owned Stax 009 and 007, but truthfully this is the first pair of headphones that blows me away!
You can't be wrong if you buy this - pair it with good speaker amps, you will feel almost reaching the Nirvana of audio lol :D

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 211
As requested by Protoss

Hi protoss, there was long queue earlier but I managed to try it out - and it was really amazing pair of headphones!

When it was switched on, I asked if the music was already played as I didn't really hear anything from the headphone, instead I heard a music COMING FROM THE ROOM - not from the headphone.

Then I listened to it more closely, and then took it off - no sound, when I put it on then I heard the music plays again - but it didn't feel come from a headphone at all!!

Damn, I said, this thing is the real deal! The voice is so natural like someone is talking to you directly, the soundstage is really good, I don't know how to say it!
Instrument separation is really great! And tonally everything just sounds correct!

I tried quite number of headphones in the past such as Susvara, HD800, various Audeze headphones and owned Stax 009 and 007, but truthfully this is the first pair of headphones that blows me away!
You can't be wrong if you buy this - pair it with good speaker amps, you will feel almost reaching the Nirvana of audio lol :D

İ dont wanna say ugly or even Olympic gold ugly, i will say different:)

Mar 30, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #4 of 211
As requested by Protoss

I was there and tried it too. Its truly amazing. Although I was concerned on keeping it on the head as there’s not a lot of contact points of the headphones with the head.

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #8 of 211
2019-03-30 10.28.45.jpg

2019-03-30 10.30.48.jpg

Thank you to everyone who had visited us at the Kumitate Lab booth today! It was a pleasure meeting you guys to hear your thoughts and opinions about the lineups as well as the new prototype KL-Proto. For those who have yet to check us out, you can still find us at Ocean Room 9 tomorrow! Besides us, you can find other amazing equipments in the room, including the SR1A and Brise Audio are having 50% off their demo cables after 2pm tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #9 of 211
We want to thank you for dropped by our booth at F6-F7 at the Ballroom, we had a wonderful Day 1, lots of visitors and lots of fruitful exchanges, and we are looking forwards to tomorrow gathering, we expect an even more excited party atarting 10am sharp.

Cayin has bought our complete Personal Audio product line to Canjam Singapore, and I want to highlighted two new products specifically.

N8 and N8 Brass Black:
N8 is our TOTL DAP with several innovative technologies for portable audio such as single-ended Triode amplification, high impedance high output mode, I2S digital interiace and desktop equivalent balanced line out. To make things better, we have announced the N8 Brass Black last week and bring it to the Canjam party as soon as we can. So bring your IEM and music, come and compare the two versions of Cayin N8 in person, or you can explore the N8 with one of our IEM collections, Solaris, QDC Vx, Rhapsodio Eden, Project,71, Ocharaku 音茶樂绯樱,VE zen 2.0 just to name a few.

IMG_20190330_110913.jpg
IMG_20190330_224437.jpg

iDAC-6MK2 DAC/preamp
This is a major revision of our very popular tube buffered DAC, and we have set up three headphone amps (HA-300, iHA-6 and HA-1A MK2) with four headphones (HiFiman Susvara, Kennerton Thror, HD800 and Grado G2000e), definitely doing the best we can to facilitate your exploration.

IMG_20190330_110547.jpg
IMG_20190331_002254.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 30, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #10 of 211
As requested by Protoss

Great impressions
How was the sub bass performance as compared to other TOTLs you own/tried as SR1A goes up to 33hz .. is it a deal breaker..
Thanks

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 211
Some actions over at the kennerton booth

How is dCS Bartok? Does it live upto its hype?
Canjam Singapore have too many new launches & gears to try ..thats impressive...

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 211
Great impressions
How was the sub bass performance as compared to other TOTLs you own/tried as SR1A goes up to 33hz .. is it a deal breaker..
Thanks

Couldn't really listen to various tracks earlier, queue was quite long hahaha :p .. maybe if I got the chance will try it out again tomorrow

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #14 of 211
Couldn't really listen to various tracks earlier, queue was quite long hahaha :p .. maybe if I got the chance will try it out again tomorrow
Thanks...

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #15 of 211

Thanks, great impression. How was the build quailty and comfort? Easy to wear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back