CanJam Singapore 2016 Impressions (February 20-21, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #286 of 507
No way! A prototype Fostex headphone? Man I love the sound of the Fostex TH-X00 Series, that can looks a lot like the Massdrop TH-X00, but the cups look a lot deeper on it. Is Fostex trying to take a few notes from all of the headphone modifiers out there saying that their cans need deeper cups to really shine? (Which they do.)

First of all, I'm not convinced it's just a prototype, when I was talking to Kawahata-San, he did mention a price (it was even written down on the list, but didn't get a pic).

And I did compare it to my (modded) TH-X00, doesn't seem deeper at all, just a different finish (glossy mahogany vs matte black walnut):

I was really impressed by the TH-900 in person though, nothing beats that finish. Quick shoutout to PETEREK , even Kawahata-San was impressed by his work on the mod

seems like nobody is talking about the M90Q of akg at jaben booth, it's fancy and feature rich but the sq is meh..
noise cancel, volue adjustable at the cups, single button sound adaptation and configuration automatically, memory foam pads, all these are nice but the sound is sorta let down

Think you answered your own question, bro :p

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #288 of 507
Sorry for the outside link...but so many photos.

Rudi0504 took so many photos but mentioned he was having trouble uploading them easily.

There are about 7 blog entries to cover all his photos:

I have uploaded the bulk of Rudi0504 photos of the Canjam in Singapore to Head Pie blog.
It is separated into seven posts.
Please take a look.  

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/02/part-1-can-jam-singapore-february-2016.html

Head-fi meets Head Pie, Jude and Rudi!

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #289 of 507
  congrats...........

Thanks man!
beerchug.gif

How was ur experience at the CanJam?

Feb 22, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #290 of 507
I tested Opus#1, what I can say is, the sound signature is towards clarity oriented.

Build quality is good and solid, the dual slots sd card is great feature. Startup is fast, UI is good and intuitive. The plastic body doesn't really protect the player from EMI, so when you hold it side by side with your phone, EMI interference occasionally can be heard.

@earfonia agreed.

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #292 of 507
Big thanks to those who are providing updates and pictures.

Any LCD 4 impressions?

i think it was the lcd-4 was attached to the chord dave and i think for that setup it was a really good synergy, vocals are splendid and the overall feeling to it was very well placed coherence and tonality was exquisite

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #294 of 507
the combo is sitting pretty in a really quiet environment at Orchard for the moment :evil:

err mah gerd if only I'm a Singaporean

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #298 of 507

No way! A prototype Fostex headphone? Man I love the sound of the Fostex TH-X00 Series, that can looks a lot like the Massdrop TH-X00, but the cups look a lot deeper on it. Is Fostex trying to take a few notes from all of the headphone modifiers out there saying that their cans need deeper cups to really shine? (Which they do.) Did anyone give the prototype a listen?

- InsanityOne :darthsmile:

Yes i was there and asked if its similar to the massdrop one which i have as well. Its the same driver different tuning, detachable cable options and it was plugged in to the massive amp! The wood was also different as well i believe. Sounds wise much more expansive not as good as the th900 mk 2 of course which i just listened to before swapping gear but there were better highs on the prototype compared to the massdrop version

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #299 of 507
I've had the Radius TWF41 on loan from a fellow head-fier for a week and they're very good if someone wants a warm and smooth, yet still highly resolving sound signature.

Fit is quite tricky though and isolation pretty low, so these are typically the sort of IEMs that don't get much love at a meet.

Yes agree warm clarity and they do remind me of speakers in a good way, think it deserves its own thread. Liked it so much i bought it although radius team was concerned if they had sufficient stock which they said its a good problem to have which they did not anticipate.

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #300 of 507
Maestro is available in the US. I've got a pair in for testing right now @ezekiel77.

Ok so let me see if I have this correct.

Maestro is the worldwide 12-driver.
Mason is the Japan exclusive.
Legacy is the Singapore exclusive?

BTW you have the Maestro? GIMME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back