CanJam Singapore 2016 Impressions (February 20-21, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #271 of 507
anyone remember the UM, that is not the Mentor?

Merlin for me, but too bad their merlin 2 is neither on sales or pre order yet

And has anyone tried the AT-HA22 tube?

It didn't caught my eyes until I was there trying the cans and decided to self service with connection

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #272 of 507
TheMiddlesky

Soranic IEM any additional commentary on these

Hey there, thanks for the impression! Did I get to talk to you the other day at the table?

Btw where was the K2 faceplate booth? I went to Jaben but they had nothing like this.

Hi @tranhieu are you the designer of Soranik? If yes, then yeah, I got talked to you, a person who take photo with you haha.

Soranik EON is really a big surpirse for me, I just walked to Music sanctuary booth, and randomly pick any iems, got recommendation to try few iems (Zeus, Hum Pristine, Soranik, rhines stage 7, harmony 8, etc), all is good, but there's one iem that really ringing in my brain , and that's Soranik EON.

Eon is really impressive, with very LIQUID and effortless sound, natural tonality, accurate soundstage (not too wide, but giving a good proportional for depth and height), also rich of emotion for vocal and instrument expecilally string. I've tried so many iems, and I never heard any of them can sound soooo liquid like EON. It's like put a giant tube amp inside an iem, but then  giving control like solid state for bass section.

Tried with Chie Ayado, recorded live in church, it was a super bliss with Eon, giving me chill and made me just sit tight for around 10 minutes without move or looking around at all. Choir's voices is soo real and smooth at background and Chie's voice lead the music clearly without any grain.

Liquid and effortless sound = Eon!

p.s: with some songs, if recording has sibilance inside it could be very apparent, sometimes could annoy me as I'm a person who sensitive of sharp sound. With good recording it's purely heavenly sound though!

K2 Fitear is belong to Wong Kuan, he use it personally
biggrin.gif

Can anyone tell me which booth the oBravo IEMs were bcos I missed it and feel like kicking myself.

And how were they? Particularly interested in the planar IEMs.

i also didnt see obravo, my guess is music sanctuary

O'Bravo have their own table, right between Ultrasone and Headamp table.

They have a super unique concept of iem indeed, love the vocal from planar driver, very grainless, smooth, with midcentric character.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #273 of 507
Feb 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #274 of 507
so now how you feel of opus #1? i think its you right walking with me yesterday?

I tested Opus#1, what I can say is, the sound signature is towards clarity oriented.

Build quality is good and solid, the dual slots sd card is great feature. Startup is fast, UI is good and intuitive. The plastic body doesn't really protect the player from EMI, so when you hold it side by side with your phone, EMI interference occasionally can be heard.

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #279 of 507
their flagships are not impressive I must admit but their lower end models are way better than the flagships and very impressive

I believe he got the HP-TWF41; its the one with he removable cables.

im partially colorblind so i can't tell you the exact color but it was something like red?? :/

I've had the Radius TWF41 on loan from a fellow head-fier for a week and they're very good if someone wants a warm and smooth, yet still highly resolving sound signature.

Fit is quite tricky though and isolation pretty low, so these are typically the sort of IEMs that don't get much love at a meet.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #280 of 507
  Got so much fun at canjam! Great show indeed! Here some photos for things that really special for me (the rest is in my profile):

Noble K10U Metal Housing

All the time favourite GSX MK2!

Electrostat Hifiman Shangri-La

Sennheiser HD800S

Super impressive IEM from Soranic. love this!

Audeze LCD-4

ALO Studio Six

Empire Zeus XIV

Audiovalve Solaris

HUM Pristine

Stax L700

K2 Craft on Fitear CIEM

All the time favourite BHSE!

Campfire Jupiter

O'Bravo Planar magnetic IEM + Dynamic Driver

O'Bravo with AMT Driver

The prototype for New Fostex headphone

Fostex HP-V8

Currently have to sleep, so I guess impression is for tomorrow
redface.gif

No way! A prototype Fostex headphone? Man I love the sound of the Fostex TH-X00 Series, that can looks a lot like the Massdrop TH-X00, but the cups look a lot deeper on it. Is Fostex trying to take a few notes from all of the headphone modifiers out there saying that their cans need deeper cups to really shine? (Which they do.) Did anyone give the prototype a listen?

- InsanityOne 
darthsmile.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #281 of 507
Merlin is the 4BA + 1DD that had great bass but wasn't as coherent as I wanted.

Mentor is the 10BA with the fun sig and smooth treble.

Legacy is the retuned Mason that sounded the most accomplished with excellent detail, soundstage width, and more treble sparkle compared to the Mentor. It's my favorite in the UM line.

Legacy is not a retuned Mason, I recall pointing this in the Mason thread (or legacy thread) sometime back. After checking with UM direct, Legacy is an exclusive deal between Stereo (the canjam exhibitor) and UM, a similar deal with Japan and UM on the Mason. The Legacy is custom tuned by UM for Stereo IIRC and only available thru them. I got a set myself, good stuff.

After reading this thread and at Canjam for both days, I wonder how the hell I missed the Stax room....

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #282 of 507
Legacy is not a retuned Mason, I recall pointing this in the Mason thread (or legacy thread) sometime back. After checking with UM direct, Legacy is an exclusive deal between Stereo (the canjam exhibitor) and UM, a similar deal with Japan and UM on the Mason. The Legacy is custom tuned by UM for Stereo IIRC and only available thru them. I got a set myself, good stuff.

After reading this thread and at Canjam for both days, I wonder how the hell I missed the Stax room....

Sorry, my bad. I remember there was another 12-driver Japan exclusive... Maestro? I get all these mixed up.

The Stax room gave the best listening environment but with the Stax amp. Desmond of Dita was there to introduce the Stax combo. Nice dude. The famed combo SR009 + Blue Hawaii was downstairs.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #283 of 507
Sorry, my bad. I remember there was another 12-driver Japan exclusive... Maestro? I get all these mixed up.

The Stax room gave the best listening environment but with the Stax amp. Desmond of Dita was there to introduce the Stax combo. Nice dude. The famed combo SR009 + Blue Hawaii was downstairs.

it was too bad the surrounding was too sound polluted to actually feel the hawaii and sr009, i couldnt get a hold of the sensation

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #284 of 507
+1 CanJam2017 Singapore! Hopefully Sennheiser will showcase the new Orpheus. Saving up for it :) 

that's a lot of saving up to do

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #285 of 507
seems like nobody is talking about the M90Q of akg at jaben booth, it's fancy and feature rich but the sq is meh..

noise cancel, volue adjustable at the cups, single button sound adaptation and configuration automatically, memory foam pads, all these are nice but the sound is sorta let down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back