CanJam NYC 2024 (March 9-10, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #106 of 726
I'm going to CanJam NYC this March, my first outside of doing SoCal the last few years. Very excited to go.

Food or coffee recommendations nearby would be appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you all, too - the best part!

Great Food options are nearly limitless, let us know your preferences!

Coffee, nearly the same. I'd say Black Fox on 45th is one of the best options.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #107 of 726
I'm going to CanJam NYC this March, my first outside of doing SoCal the last few years. Very excited to go.

Food or coffee recommendations nearby would be appreciated! Looking forward to seeing you all, too - the best part!
If you like cookies, the espresso and cookies at culture espresso on 38th is fantastic

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #108 of 726
If you like cookies, the espresso and cookies at culture espresso on 38th is fantastic

Yup they have great coffee. I used to go to the 36st st one when I worked nearby close to 20 yrs ago. Still holding strong..

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #109 of 726
Purchased my event ticket, hotel booked at Hyatt (Globalist member), and now looking for flights!
I love it. Fellow Globalist here. Are you staying at the Park Hyatt across the street from Carnegie Hall?

I booked the Andaz Singapore for CanJam SG next year. Was able to use a Suite Upgrade Award.

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #110 of 726
Great Food options are nearly limitless, let us know your preferences!

Coffee, nearly the same. I'd say Black Fox on 45th is one of the best options.
Asian is probably my fave, but burgers, mediterranean, pizza and then healthy places are all high on my list. Thanks in advance. Will also save Black Fox!
Thanks!

Dec 31, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #111 of 726
Asian is probably my fave, but burgers, mediterranean, pizza and then healthy places are all high on my list. Thanks in advance. Will also save Black Fox!

For Japanese, Tonchin (tonkotsu ramen and tsukemen) and Ootoya (classic bento options like gyudon, etc) are both close to the venue and great options.

Pizza around there isn't the best options in NYC, unfortunately you'd have to travel for the real good stuff. John's is the most decent close option but it's overrated, for sure.

Dec 31, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #112 of 726
I love it. Fellow Globalist here. Are you staying at the Park Hyatt across the street from Carnegie Hall?

I booked the Andaz Singapore for CanJam SG next year. Was able to use a Suite Upgrade Award.
Andaz 5th Avenue is my preference

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #113 of 726
Andaz 5th Avenue is my preference
Nice. It's available and so are suite upgrades. That would be a great redemption. And, it's close to the Marriott.

Dec 31, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #115 of 726
Just purchased tickets, but never been to a canjam before. What are things that people normally bring? Do you test out vendors' headphones/IEMs with your own source gear, and do you test out vendors' source gear with your own headphones/IEMs? Anything else to prepare?
Bring spare tips and any adapters you may need.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #116 of 726
Just purchased tickets, but never been to a canjam before. What are things that people normally bring? Do you test out vendors' headphones/IEMs with your own source gear, and do you test out vendors' source gear with your own headphones/IEMs? Anything else to prepare?
Yeah, bring your gear, especially portable sources. It really depends on your agenda, also. You don't want to weigh yourself down unnecessarily, but most of us are carrying backpacks with sources, iems, cables and tips that we wanted to test with various stuff.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #117 of 726
Yeah, bring your gear, especially portable sources. It really depends on your agenda, also. You don't want to weigh yourself down unnecessarily, but most of us are carrying backpacks with sources, iems, cables and tips that we wanted to test with various stuff.
Treat it like golf, and bring a caddy :)

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #118 of 726
Bring spare tips and any adapters you may need.

Ty, I've dabbled in a handful of sources but I'm pretty budget focused so I keep my collection slim, right now I've settled on an iPad + Apple music with a 3.5 + 4.4 mm moondrop dawn pro. Would that be sufficient source wise or is there a sizable section of headphones that are e.g. XLR only? I'm not too concerned about headphones that the dawn pro can't handle in terms of power because 1) I'm very portable focused and 2) from what I've seen so far, headphones that the dawn pro wouldn't be able to handle would most likely be well outside of my budget lol

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #119 of 726
Ty, I've dabbled in a handful of sources but I'm pretty budget focused so I keep my collection slim, right now I've settled on an iPad + Apple music with a 3.5 + 4.4 mm moondrop dawn pro. Would that be sufficient source wise or is there a sizable section of headphones that are e.g. XLR only? I'm not too concerned about headphones that the dawn pro can't handle in terms of power because 1) I'm very portable focused and 2) from what I've seen so far, headphones that the dawn pro wouldn't be able to handle would most likely be well outside of my budget lol
I think the majority of planar and dynamic headphones on display are balanced XLR. Cant remember too many that were 4.4mm...maybe some unbalanced cables...

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #120 of 726
You will likely need an adapter to male 1/4”. The Schiit gear has only XLR and 1/4”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back