CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #361 of 792
Less than 3 weeks to go!

A few words of advice for those hoping to audition lots of gear at the show. \

First don't overdo it because after a while it becomes rather difficult to hear even major differences. So take lots of breaks from listening and make some new friends.

Out on the main show floor it's pretty noisy so auditioning open back headphones is a bit tricky. Closed back headphones and IEMs fare much better. Open back headphones are best auditioned in one of the many smaller side rooms. Don't worry if you're not sure about what I'm talking about, things will be very clear once you're there.

Okay enough talk about equipment and seminars, let's talk about food and nighttime entertainment. Of course where and what to eat will be discussed on this thread over the next 3 weeks, with pizza leading the way!

I'm a big jazz fan and so I will be checking the schedules of the major NYC jazz clubs to see who will be playing on Saturday February 25th. So far I've seen that singer Jane Monheit will be at Birdland Jane Monheit and that the Karl Denson Project will be at the Blue Note Jazz Club. It does appear that the Village Vanguard will be closed that weekend :slight_frown: There are many other jazz and music venues so if anyone would like to add anything, please do so.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #362 of 792
Hi all -

I'm looking forward to Canjam NYC. Question for everyone: is anyone doing molds at the event? I have no idea how this works? Once you make a mold, can you buy a CIEM from anyone? Is there a digital 3D file that you can send? Just curious since I'll be attending.

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #363 of 792
Feb 7, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #365 of 792
Hi all -

I'm looking forward to Canjam NYC. Question for everyone: is anyone doing molds at the event? I have no idea how this works? Once you make a mold, can you buy a CIEM from anyone? Is there a digital 3D file that you can send? Just curious since I'll be attending.
I had molds done by Empire Ears and got my custom Valkyries at a discount

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #366 of 792
I recall most vendors of CIEMs can take impressions at the booth. Would suggest making a list of possible CIEMs you were interested in getting, getting a listen at CanJam and then narrow down the choices until one remains. That was how I landed on my first CIEM, trying nearly every IEM at the show and deciding on one. Got my impressions done at the booth and then little while later got my CIEMs.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 7, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #367 of 792
I recall most vendors of CIEMs can take impressions at the booth. Would suggest making a list of possible CIEMs you were interested in getting, getting a listen at CanJam and then narrow down the choices until one remains. That was how I landed on my first CIEM, trying nearly every IEM at the show and deciding on one. Got my impressions done at the booth and then little while later got my CIEMs.
My story of first CIEM is identical to this one! Totally agree that CanJam is awesome for this purpose.
Make sure you narrow down your list of potential CIEM vendors. Otherwise, you might end up with WAY too many IEMs to audition...

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #368 of 792
Number of IEMs in market is just overwhelming

I’m trying to get into IEM and trying to get away from headphone and will use Canjam to find some good IEM for me. I’m very happy with my recently acquired UM MEST Indigo. I like the bass out of it. Any suggestion for IEM that I should demo and don’t miss out with good bass and smoother treble which can compliment or can better UM Mest Indigo?

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #369 of 792
I’m trying to get into IEM and trying to get away from headphone and will use Canjam to find some good IEM for me. I’m very happy with my recently acquired UM MEST Indigo. I like the bass out of it. Any suggestion for IEM that I should demo and don’t miss out with good bass and smoother treble which can compliment or can better UM Mest Indigo?
I hope you're coming for both days. There's a lot to hear!

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #370 of 792
I hope you're coming for both days. There's a lot to hear!
Yes, coming both days. My headphones are sorted out- ZMF Atrium closed, Susvara and Focal Utopia new but this world of IEM is crazy.

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #371 of 792
@HiFiHawaii808 is an excellent resource for everything IEMs!!

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #372 of 792
Yes, coming both days. My headphones are sorted out- ZMF Atrium closed, Susvara and Focal Utopia new but this world of IEM is crazy.
good bass and smoother treble

I'm mostly into headphones, and I barely know anything about IEMs. But the only IEM I got and kept is the Noble Sultan, which based on your starting criteria above and assuming you like the ZMF house sound, is something you may want to add to your test list.

@HiFiHawaii808 is an excellent resource for everything IEMs!!

Definitely... he has or tried most of them... da man!

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #373 of 792
I loves the bass. Empire Ears or 64 Audio for me. Also, Dunu makes some great IEMs for the money, highly underrated.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #374 of 792
I loves the bass. Empire Ears or 64 Audio for me. Also, Dunu makes some great IEMs for the money, highly underrated.
Have heard good things about Dunu Zen Pro and 64 Audio U12t along with EE Odin. Zen Pro and U12t seems to have nice timbre and tonality and Odin is great with bass. Have heard none but based on data I collected.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #375 of 792
Have heard good things about Dunu Zen Pro and 64 Audio U12t along with EE Odin. Zen Pro and U12t seems to have nice timbre and tonality and Odin is great with bass. Have heard none but based on data I collected.
All excellent depending on your tastes... just bring tips that you know work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back