CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #391 of 792
Hi everyone,

The time is almost upon us!

@TaronL, @Resolve, @Netforce, @GoldenOne, and the rest of the Headphones.com team (I'm sure I missed others are on Head-Fi who are coming) are so excited to welcome you to our booth during the weekend.

We will reveal many exciting plans as the dates get closer, so stay tuned.

I'm looking forward to seeing so many of your familiar faces again! And meet new ones I've been talking to online for the past year.

Be seeing you around!

Feb 11, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #392 of 792
A new addition to the exhibitor list (should be updated?)

Anways, curious to try those amps finally..

1676097115835.png

Feb 11, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #393 of 792
Hi all -

I'm looking forward to Canjam NYC. Question for everyone: is anyone doing molds at the event? I have no idea how this works? Once you make a mold, can you buy a CIEM from anyone? Is there a digital 3D file that you can send? Just curious since I'll be attending.
I'm new at this "molds" thing.

How does this work?

Your ears are measured, and then what happens?

So excited!

It sounds silly considering I’m a middle-aged man and it kinda reminds me of collecting toys from cereal boxes but I don’t care: will there be a process to request digital signature badges we can add to our Head-Fi signatures to show all our CanJam experiences and love?

Warren, great to hear! I know a good chunk of the seminars are geared for noobs to the hobby, rightly so to build a fanbase and serve that constituency, but I’ve been impressed over the last few years on how you all have balanced the agenda to include at least a few presentations that us grizzled vets can still appreciate and learn from. If I’m being honest there was a time years ago now where after my first couple of CanJams it felt the shows were always the same (boring) topics, but I think you’ve been pushing the envelope and including stuff that includes cutting edge presentations with info on the latest of what’s going on in the hobby, and I for one appreciate that. Great job with that and looking forward to seeing the agenda when announced.

Jim, I know we’ll be grabbing a group photo, which is always great. We do this at enough shows, and it’ll be like a high school reunion over time 😎
If you remember toys (like 50 cent helicopters) from collecting boxtops, you are not middle-aged. You are old, like me.

Tickets can be purchased all the way up until closing on Sunday.
How much are tickets 1 minute before the event closes?

Yeah joe put it well, from personal experience its likely just too hectic for us to go ahead and plug in an outlet and rewire some stuff. I remember CanJam NYC 2017, on Saturday I was able to sit down maybe 3 times from morning till when the day ended. Was just always on my feet, getting attendees setup or just talking about the products.

Someone bringing a DAP and plugging in their own headphones, lot easier for me to handle! We try to be as accommodating as we can but do want to help serve as many people as we can in a limited amount of time per day. Honestly CanJam's go by super super fast since it gets so busy for us. Been more than a few events where my boss had to tell me to chill and remember to eat my lunch.
If someone comes in and brings his own DAP and his own headphones, what is left to test?

The SDXC card?

Feb 11, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #394 of 792
Feb 11, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #397 of 792
Feb 11, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #398 of 792
Feb 11, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #400 of 792
Mytek added to exhibitor list!

Any chance we'll have someone with Trafomatic amps? 🙏🙂

and if we're going into deam land... Western Electric 91E? 😱😱😱😱😱😱

:ksc75smile: :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #401 of 792
If someone comes in and brings his own DAP and his own headphones, what is left to test?

The SDXC card?
They could compare their DAP with a different DAP, a different headphone cable, A/B their headphones, try out their headphones on the exhibitor's amps or DACs, etc. Sky is the limit.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 12, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #402 of 792
I haven't had time to follow every detail about the show in advance, but does anyone know if Warwick Acoustics is bringing their sound booth? I gather that was the big hit of CanJam CA.

Also, any chance there might be a Sennheiser HE-1 there? I am dying to get a listen.

Feb 12, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #403 of 792
Feb 12, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #404 of 792
Here we go..! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back