CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #346 of 792
Hey everybody, we're almost done finalizing the seminars!

I can't tell you exactly what they are until they're all set in stone, but I can tell you that you're gonna want to make time for them. If you're even remotely thinking about going for two days instead of just one, just do it. Change your travel plans now. You'll be glad you did! :relaxed:

Too... much... gear.... 😱🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️

1675397183205.jpeg

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #347 of 792
23NYCheaders_tshirts.jpg

CJNYC_Shirt_Final.png

CanJam NYC 2023 T-Shirts are $40 and can now be pre-ordered online at the following link: https://canjamglobal.com/shows/nyc2023/. Once on the CanJam NYC 2023 show page, scroll down until you reach the "CanJam NYC 2023 T-Shirts" section to place your pre-order.

All T-Shirt pre-orders must be picked at the Registration Desk during show hours on February 25-26. The deadline for T-Shirt pre-orders for CanJam NYC 2023 is Wednesday, February 15. We will have a few extra T-Shirts in various sizes on hand as well, for onsite purchase. CanJam NYC 2023 volunteers do not need to order their own T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.
So excited!

It sounds silly considering I’m a middle-aged man and it kinda reminds me of collecting toys from cereal boxes but I don’t care: will there be a process to request digital signature badges we can add to our Head-Fi signatures to show all our CanJam experiences and love?

Hey everybody, we're almost done finalizing the seminars!

I can't tell you exactly what they are until they're all set in stone, but I can tell you that you're gonna want to make time for them. If you're even remotely thinking about going for two days instead of just one, just do it. Change your travel plans now. You'll be glad you did! :relaxed:
Warren, great to hear! I know a good chunk of the seminars are geared for noobs to the hobby, rightly so to build a fanbase and serve that constituency, but I’ve been impressed over the last few years on how you all have balanced the agenda to include at least a few presentations that us grizzled vets can still appreciate and learn from. If I’m being honest there was a time years ago now where after my first couple of CanJams it felt the shows were always the same (boring) topics, but I think you’ve been pushing the envelope and including stuff that includes cutting edge presentations with info on the latest of what’s going on in the hobby, and I for one appreciate that. Great job with that and looking forward to seeing the agenda when announced.

Watercooler will be well represented in NYC. Here are the attendees:

Alex - @twister6
Nate - @Natesdailies
Eyal - @goldwerger
Zachi - @Zachik
Todd - @RTodd
Daniel - @dleblanc343
Hugo - @wazzupi
Frankie - @Frankie D
Simmy - @Sifo
Casey - @CodenameBK201
Jeff- @Rockwell75
Charles - @Skyediver
Jim - @HiFiHawaii808
Terry - @Auricon (honorary)
Jim, I know we’ll be grabbing a group photo, which is always great. We do this at enough shows, and it’ll be like a high school reunion over time 😎

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #348 of 792
So excited!

It sounds silly considering I’m a middle-aged man and it kinda reminds me of collecting toys from cereal boxes but I don’t care: will there be a process to request digital signature badges we can add to our Head-Fi signatures to show all our CanJam experiences and love?

Easy.

If anyone is planning on attending CanJam NYC 2023 and would like a profile badge (or needs any other CanJam profile badges), please send me a PM by clicking here and I can get you set up.

In an effort to not clutter the thread up with requests, any in-thread profile badge requests will be removed from the thread.

Feb 3, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #351 of 792
I'm a HUGE Ghostbusters fan.

Joe is NOT kidding about that BTW. 🤣

Too... much... gear.... 😱🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️

1675397183205.jpeg

Oh, I don't know about that... there are going to be things covered in these seminars that will be relevant in our segment of the industry for years-to-come. And whenever they come up, anybody who missed these seminars will wish they hadn't.

In fact, I might as well take this opportunity to remind people that, no, we don't record/post these. They are practically CanJam exclusives for attendees only. So unless @Relaxasaurus (a.k.a. MidFi Guy on Youtube) decides to sacrifice his show weekend to capture them, this is the place to be!

And even if Relaxasaurus was willing to do that, I don't know that he'll be able to. Whereas we usually strive for six seminars, but sometimes include as many as seven or eight, we're bursting at the seams here because CanJam NYC 2023 will feature ten seminars. TEN.

Warren, great to hear! I know a good chunk of the seminars are geared for noobs to the hobby, rightly so to build a fanbase and serve that constituency, but I’ve been impressed over the last few years on how you all have balanced the agenda to include at least a few presentations that us grizzled vets can still appreciate and learn from. If I’m being honest there was a time years ago now where after my first couple of CanJams it felt the shows were always the same (boring) topics, but I think you’ve been pushing the envelope and including stuff that includes cutting edge presentations with info on the latest of what’s going on in the hobby, and I for one appreciate that. Great job with that and looking forward to seeing the agenda when announced.

Charles! It's gonna be great to see you again! 🥳 Thanks for recognizing the effort we put into these, it's very much appreciated! :pray:

Oh, just so you know ahead of time, we ran our instructional series for a full year to help all the newcomers to the hobby -- a lot of people joined our world during the headiest days of the pandemic. But now, we're returning to the really meaty stuff that you just can't find anywhere else. For example, speaking of "the latest of what’s going on in the hobby," imagine if Dr. Sean Olive himself showed up to talk about Harman Target 2023? That'd be crazy right? Well, that's actually happening.

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #352 of 792
imagine if Dr. Sean Olive himself showed up to talk about Harman Target 2023?

well... I can see at least one or more compelling reasons to take a (SHORT) break from checking gear out..

you run amazing seminar agenda, no doubt!!

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #353 of 792
Feb 3, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #354 of 792
Jim, I know we’ll be grabbing a group photo, which is always great. We do this at enough shows, and it’ll be like a high school reunion over time 😎

Yeah, but instead of waiting to do it every 10 years, we get to do it several times per year.

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #355 of 792
Can't wait!

Feb 3, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #356 of 792
Maybe even several short breaks? :relaxed:

don't push it man, my FOMO levels reach insane levels in the final week leading to the show 🤣🤣🤣

But, when you see me at a session (or two? or three😱😱😱) you know how truly I love and appreciate what you put together!!! 🙏

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #357 of 792
Always a risk, and reward, in iterating on a classic. I'm curious to give this one a spin :)
If they can just open up the soundstage and extent that bass a bit they will have a winner.

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #358 of 792
If they can just open up the soundstage and extent that bass a bit they will have a winner.
Good news.. we get to find out in 3 weeks :)

Feb 5, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #359 of 792
I believe I’ve arranged to bring my Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC to pair with Woo Audio’s WA23 Luna. It does pair better in my view with the Takatsuki tubes, but for obvious reasons they’d rather have it with the stock tubes. Either way, stop by the Woo Audio room and if I can find a way to bring the Grimm MU1, bring tissues when you come. Should be fun!

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #360 of 792
I believe I’ve arranged to bring my Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC to pair with Woo Audio’s WA23 Luna. It does pair better in my view with the Takatsuki tubes, but for obvious reasons they’d rather have it with the stock tubes. Either way, stop by the Woo Audio room and if I can find a way to bring the Grimm MU1, bring tissues when you come. Should be fun!

Definitely!

And.. wow 😮👍🙏😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back