CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #197 of 792
Great exhibitor list so far. Few thoughts:

One of my big regrets from this year’s NYC CanJam was not spending longer listening to the Valkyrie from SpiritTorino. I could immediately tell it was an extraordinary headphone with imaging liked I’d never heard. Hope to get another chance.

PrimaLuna has my interest piqued. I’ve always wanted to see how their amps do with headphones.

Sennheiser coming — maybe they’ll bring HE-1?

And perhaps Abyss releases closed back Dianna?

Not sure if all of the brands who are listed are actually exhibiting in their own booths. Primaluna, for example, was listed as exhibitor for Socal and their products were being demoed by a dealer who had a booth full or other products so they only had a small number of their amps available for demo. IIFC, they only had an EVO 200 when I wanted to hear the EVO 400 integrated.

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #198 of 792
Not sure if all of the brands who are listed are actually exhibiting in their own booths. Primaluna, for example, was listed as exhibitor for Socal and their products were being demoed by a dealer who had a booth full or other products so they only had a small number of their amps available for demo. IIFC, they only had an EVO 200 when I wanted to hear the EVO 400 integrated.
Ahh that makes sense. They usually list brands and exhibitors separately, but could see this being both. She’d any light on thus @AxelCloris?

@HiFiHawaii808 Do you remember what vendor was showing Evo200? What did you think of it? (Or didn't listen?)

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #199 of 792
The first page contains the most up-to-date list of brands that will be on exhibit at CanJam NYC. Some brands will be attending as exhibitors themselves while others will be exhibiting through local dealers and distributors. To continue with the same examples: Spirit Torino, Sennheiser, and Abyss often exhibit on their own at CanJam events, while PrimaLuna will be demoing some of their amplifiers via Upscale Audio, one of PrimaLuna's US dealers.

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #200 of 792
The first page contains the most up-to-date list of brands that will be on exhibit at CanJam NYC. Some brands will be attending as exhibitors themselves while others will be exhibiting through local dealers and distributors. To continue with the same examples: Spirit Torino, Sennheiser, and Abyss often exhibit on their own at CanJam events, while PrimaLuna will be demoing some of their amplifiers via Upscale Audio, one of PrimaLuna's US dealers.
Thank you. Very helpful info. Just a suggestion, but you might update first page to say “Brands and Exhibitors.” Looking forward.

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #201 of 792
The Primaluna EVO400 Integrated is a fantastic speaker Amp with the added bonus of a brilliant Headphones out facility. 🎧

Attachments

• 20201004_131807(1).jpg
    20201004_131807(1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #202 of 792
Hello everyone! Very excited as this will be my first can jam. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Any advice from you seasoned vets is appreciated!

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #203 of 792
Hello everyone! Very excited as this will be my first can jam. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Give yourself plenty of time, relax and have fun! Listening fatigue is real so pace yourself.

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #204 of 792
Give yourself plenty of time, relax and have fun! Listening fatigue is real so pace yourself.

Sounds good! I was thinking about mixing in some of the courses/lectures that they were offering as a break from listening. I also made a list of a few things i really wanted to try (4-5 per day with a few extra maybes if time allows)

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #205 of 792
Sounds good! I was thinking about mixing in some of the courses/lectures that they were offering as a break from listening. I also made a list of a few things i really wanted to try (4-5 per day with a few extra maybes if time allows)
Ah, yes, the lectures are awesome! I also like to leave the building for lunch, clear your head.

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #206 of 792
Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #208 of 792
Still deciding exactly what to bring to compare/listen with. At the very least I will bring my Hiby R6 2020 and Monarch Mk2. Still debating on whether to bring the WM1AM2 and/or the MDR Z1R

For what I want to test out (probably will pare this down more):
IEMs:
64 Audio U12t
Aroma Jewel
Elysian Acoustic Annhilator (if its there but whatever they have would be cool to test out 1-2 things)
Empire Ears Odin, Legend , Legend Evo
FIR Audio Krypton5
FIR Audio Xenon6
Oriolus Traili

Headphones:
T + A Solitaire T
Senheisser HD800s
Focal Utopia
HiFiMan Susvara
ZMF

Sources:
DCS Bartok
A&K SP3000

General Visit:
Final Audio
Noble Audio
Unique Melody
THIEAUDIO

Dec 30, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #209 of 792

Explore the side hallways thoroughly. Last year I found out there was a whole hallway of rooms I didn't even find while I was there.

Also go early if you can. It's quieter and less crowded before lunchtime. Last year I lived about a block away and went really early Sunday morning. I got like 2 hours basically alone with Susvara, CRBN, etc. with virtually no background noise. But attendance, and noise, picked up around 11 or 12.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #210 of 792
Happy New Year ! May 2023 bring all on HeadFi Good Health, Good Luck and Good Fortune and Fantastic Listening! 🎧 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back