CanJam NYC 2022 (February 26-27, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #392 of 619
Feb 20, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #393 of 619
Feb 20, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #396 of 619
Not sure how many of you have similar issues to mine, but one of the main things with any conventions* I've discovered in general is seating options

We always build in a lounge section where people can relax and hang out. :relaxed:

1645417924800.png

Feb 20, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #398 of 619
Was that the first CanJam NYC?
Yeah, that picture is from NYC 2017, I can see the hat I wore that year in the picture.

You know the much larger giveaway that I completely failed to notice when I first looked at the picture is the giant projection thing on the wall in the background that has the Canjam NYC 2017 logo.

Feb 21, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #399 of 619
THE worst pizza I have ever had was in Italy (many years ago)... NY / Chicago / Detroit - all great in comparison 🤤
But, since we're going to be in NYC soon - I would love to get recommendations from locals!
Near Times Square, Joe's on Broadway, Upside Pizza (598 8th Ave) and Nizza on 9th Avenue are good. Pizza Suprema at 32d and 8th, an easy walk, got "discovered" and added a lot of idiotic overpriced foodie options, but its basic cheese and tomato slice -- just ask for the regular or cheese, it's not displayed -- is the bomb, and sausage, eggplant or mushroom are also great choices. Meanwhile Bleecker Street Pizza down in Greenwich Village is wonderful. Skip the long lines at the Instagram-hyped Prince Street Pizza. Nolita Pizza (2 locations) is also wow.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #401 of 619
Near Times Square, Joe's on Broadway, Upside Pizza (598 8th Ave) and Nizza on 9th Avenue are good. Pizza Suprema at 32d and 8th, an easy walk, got "discovered" and added a lot of idiotic overpriced foodie options, but its basic cheese and tomato slice -- just ask for the regular or basic, it's not displayed -- is the bomb, and sausage, eggplant or mushroom are also great choices. Meanwhile Bleecker Street Pizza down in Greenwich Village is wonderful. Skip the long lines at the Instagram-hyped Prince Street Pizza. Nolita Pizza (2 locations) is also wow.
Have to respectfully disagree. If you get a full fresh pie, there’s nothing better than Prince Street in NYC. If you don’t want to go far, as mentioned a few posts back Joe’s Pizza is super close and awesome.

Feb 21, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #402 of 619
Near Times Square, Joe's on Broadway, Upside Pizza (598 8th Ave) and Nizza on 9th Avenue are good. Pizza Suprema at 32d and 8th, an easy walk, got "discovered" and added a lot of idiotic overpriced foodie options, but its basic cheese and tomato slice -- just ask for the regular or basic, it's not displayed -- is the bomb, and sausage, eggplant or mushroom are also great choices. Meanwhile Bleecker Street Pizza down in Greenwich Village is wonderful. Skip the long lines at the Instagram-hyped Prince Street Pizza. Nolita Pizza (2 locations) is also wow.

Respect for mentioning Bleecker, been my jam for a decade. I work near Prince St Pizza and it was odd to see it slowly blow up over social media like it did. I like the grandma slice but since it's "local" I never think it's worth a wait in line. I also like how the guys at Made in NY stole their recipe and possibly made it better (fight me!)

Feb 21, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #403 of 619
Wish I can be there:sob:

Feb 21, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #404 of 619
Have to respectfully disagree. If you get a full fresh pie, there’s nothing better than Prince Street in NYC. If you don’t want to go far, as mentioned a few posts back Joe’s Pizza is super close and awesome.
You hit the nail on the head. A nice fresh pie or slice from a fresh pie is much better than a reheated slice. which is why there are so many restaurants in that Conde Nast article I linked to. If one just wants a slice or two it's better to go a popular pizza place and get a fresh slice rather than another place without a line and get a reheat.

Feb 21, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #405 of 619
You hit the nail on the head. A nice fresh pie or slice from a fresh pie is much better than a reheated slice. which is why there are so many restaurants in that Conde Nast article I linked to. If one just wants a slice or two it's better to go a popular pizza place and get a fresh slice rather than another place without a line and get a reheat.
This is correct. Julianas is the best pizza in NYC in my opinion. Not close to the venue though. But for this very reason. Only fresh, whole pies are served. So damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back