CanJam NYC 2019 Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #151 of 474
Anyone happen to give the Campfire Equinox a listen?
I did at RMAF (Oct. 2018).
LOVED it.
HATED the price... :wink:

Sound signature (to my ears) reminded me a lot of the Cascade - bass cannon that just does it right (i.e. not Beats...)
Still thinking about those (despite the price)... I know for many the price is not too terrible ($1500 if I remember correctly), but as with any other CIEMs - you cannot really resell them if you change your mind later on!

Feb 17, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #152 of 474
I did at RMAF (Oct. 2018).
LOVED it.
HATED the price... :wink:

Sound signature (to my ears) reminded me a lot of the Cascade - bass cannon that just does it right (i.e. not Beats...)
Still thinking about those (despite the price)... I know for many the price is not too terrible ($1500 if I remember correctly), but as with any other CIEMs - you cannot really resell them if you change your mind later on!

Thanks. Yeah, at least with other CIEMs, re-shell is an option, but I doubt anyone would attempt it on the Equinox (nor would I trust anyone to be able to replicate the internal chambers). Without listening first-hand (ear?) it's a gamble.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #155 of 474
Prophile 8 is a value iem? What was the price?

~$1,428 USDs (Est. $1,500)

I don't have too much experience in high-end IEMs, but the PP8 is an IEM that's just priced right. Going based on performance.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #158 of 474
~$1,428 USDs (Est. $1,500)

I don't have too much experience in high-end IEMs, but the PP8 is an IEM that's just priced right. Going based on performance.

If what I've read about them is true (reviews/impressions seem to be mostly positive) & compared to other flagship IEMs, they do seem like a good value. The PP8 was on my list to try as well.

Feb 17, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #160 of 474
Is there anyone who tried AAW CANARY?? I Really wonder how it is ... but I cannot go there ( cuz I live in SouthKorea ) plz let me know ......
They had one, but it broke, I couldn't listen to it, maybe one of the driver's died...

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #162 of 474
Does anyone here think Z1R is hard to drive because it couldn't beat my iem out of balance on Sony dap? I used to think Z1R would put iems to shame but it couldn't touch the line of Summit-fi iem

I have a demo at a2a in melbourne, i was listening at 65 with balance. Which i think is fine and loud enough for me

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #164 of 474
Had a good time yesterday. I’m really surprised how low the turnout was, the event looked half as crowded than last year. Hope today was more bumpin. Seemed like fewer exhibitors as well but just could be because there was so few crowds around.

Woo room as usual had some amazing setups. Mike is the man, love talking to that guy (support his YouTube he does a great job). Very impressed with the WA8/utopia pairing. The ultimate bedside imo.

Couldn’t really get a clear sound profile but the head amp gsx mini looked freaking awesome. I want one in blue just to gawk at. Voce is the much much better option to the stax imo.

I’ll tell you what, only thing that actually blew me away were the yet to be release Beyerdynamic ANC wireless headphones. On a different level than Bose/Sony offerings. Will be a must buy when they release in a few months.

Thanks to all the people that make this a great event year after year.

Feb 17, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #165 of 474
Hello fellow head-fiers Just wanted to say this was my first canjam and I was very impressed with everything. I was the guy walking around with the "A State of Trance" shirt :). Got to try out $2000-$4000 IEM's and headphones even though I can't afford them (well can, but won't).

I was even happier today when 64audio called me and informed me that I was the winner of they're Tia Trio IEM's. I was shocked and extremely happy, I'm going to be enjoying these IEM's, thanks again 64audio best CanJam yet. Definitely looking forward for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back