CanJam NYC 2018 Impressions (February 17-18, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #331 of 335
Many years ago (at least 30) I heard the WATT at a high end audio show.

I don't remember what the amp or turntable they were using, but the way they reproduced Tony Levin's bass at the end of Peter Gabriel's Don't Give Up was amazing. I think that unless you use the best source gear (like they used at that show), they won't sound their best.

Feb 28, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #332 of 335
Haven't heard the WAMM, but I've heard the Alexandria and the Sabrina...couldn't agree more with the description! Boom, tizzy, uncoherent sounding mess.
I do like Vandys too :)

That's the Wilson house sound. Darrell, the son is now in charge and they use the fabric tweeter (off the shelf I may add) and it's easy to listen to, but still no detail.

Many years ago (at least 30) I heard the WATT at a high end audio show.

I don't remember what the amp or turntable they were using, but the way they reproduced Tony Levin's bass at the end of Peter Gabriel's Don't Give Up was amazing. I think that unless you use the best source gear (like they used at that show), they won't sound their best.

It wouldn't matter to those of use who need emotion and gobs of detail when spending this much. The WAMM had all top of the line Boulder gear with teh full DCS stack as well as the top of the line Walker turntable and of course the Transparent top cabling that Wilson recommends.

Looking at a headphone or IEM, I read about folks loving bass or treble sparkle etc... This is what keeps all the companies in business and why a company like Empire Ears and others are coming out with multiple lines of great IEM's. They want to cater to everyone and they can, unlike a speaker company. Logistics get in the way, lol. That EE X has legit bass. I listened to so many bassheads rave and rave about quality as well as quantity. I loved them, but I'm a purist and went with custom Phantom's. That said, I'd LOVE to have the new Nemesis or Bravado as they have a bit less bass (but still better than nearly any IEM I heard at the show) and it was fun.

Feb 28, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #334 of 335
Screenshot_2018-02-28-18-50-18.png

That's I enjoying some ZMF awesomeness
(Bottom left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back