CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #166 of 1,071

I think I might have an extra XXL SoCal shirt!  
tongue_smile.gif

I have that one.
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #167 of 1,071
I am a n00b and the list of exhibitors is overwhelming........... there are vendors that I have bought from and their products have opened up new worlds for me (Chord, Focal......) and others that I have read about here but I haven't bought from yet because I am worried my husband will divorce me......  
wink_face.gif
  Would those of you who have attended these events in the past answer a couple naive questions for me please?

1)  I read that attendees are encouraged to bring their own music.  Does this mean that we should bring DAPs, laptops, phones, etc, and/or DACs, AMPs, cans, etc?  If "and," is it okay to bring a Mary Poppins bag?
2)  Can you buy stuff, meaning can you buy stuff and bring it home with you?  Or do you place an order and provide credit card info for things you want to buy and the vendors send it to you later?

Thanks for any advice, and I am looking forward to meeting you in February!

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #168 of 1,071
  I am a n00b and the list of exhibitors is overwhelming........... there are vendors that I have bought from and their products have opened up new worlds for me (Chord, Focal......) and others that I have read about here but I haven't bought from yet because I am worried my husband will divorce me......  
wink_face.gif
  Would those of you who have attended these events in the past answer a couple naive questions for me please?

1)  I read that attendees are encouraged to bring their own music.  Does this mean that we should bring DAPs, laptops, phones, etc, and/or DACs, AMPs, cans, etc?  If "and," is it okay to bring a Mary Poppins bag?
2)  Can you buy stuff, meaning can you buy stuff and bring it home with you?  Or do you place an order and provide credit card info for things you want to buy and the vendors send it to you later?

Most people selling stuff have music players etc, but bringing your music with your own source is a good way to judge how a possible new set of cans etc will sound every day for you. Buying and taking stuff home ,yup, but some you buy and they ship, so you get both. Bring anything you want to make your trip the best possible.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #169 of 1,071
I haven't been to a CanJam, only meets, but it has been OK to bring your music to these, generally in any form (you won't necessarily find someone set up to play those LP's, though, at some meets, there has been a turntable set up as a source). Of course, people demonstrating stuff will have music available as well.
As far as buying; at meets, there has been stuff you take home, AND there has been stuff that you order and get later. No hard and fast rule.
And, if my wife has gotten through my shenanigans, hopefully your husband will do the same...

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #170 of 1,071

Most people selling stuff have music players etc, but bringing your music with your own source is a good way to judge how a possible new set of cans etc will sound every day for you. Buying and taking stuff home ,yup, but some you buy and they ship, so you get both. Bring anything you want to make your trip the best possible.

Well shoot, I didn't want anyone to know that I bought the 24 bit Taylor Swift...... 
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #171 of 1,071
uying; at meets, there has been stuff you take home, AND there has been stuff that you order and get later. No hard and fast rule.
And, if my wife has gotten through my shenanigans, hopefully your husband will do the same...

It's all good. 
wink_face.gif
  Today there was some confusion, as we received a parcel from China......... Husband thought it was a cheap IEM order for me, so he left it for me to open when I got home, but it turned out to be a gyroscope he had ordered...... geeks in love. 
L3000.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #175 of 1,071

Looking forward to my first CamJam!  Note:  This is the first time I've been motivated to leave the 3 dogs overnight to go somewhere. 
wink_face.gif

You are going to have a blast! 

Some of the exhibitors will be selling at the show but the main purpose is to give CanJam attendees the chance to demo/audition their products in order to help make informed purchase decisions. CanJam is really the living embodiment of the Head-Fi community, the place where it all comes together. It's totally fine to bring your own bag, music, etc. but also bear in mind that most of the exhibitors will have a plethora of available music and many will have streaming Tidal available as well. 

Look forward to seeing you in February! 

beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #177 of 1,071
  Ethan, whats the scoop on NY and SoCal, tents or ballroom?

LOL. Yeah, barring extremely unforeseen circumstances that may be out of our control, I can safely say that tents are a thing of the past. 

CanJam NYC will be held in the Broadway Ballroom at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square. This will be the highest profile CanJam event we have ever done in terms of space and scope. And I guess we're in pretty good company, the annual WhiskyFest is held in the same venue/ballroom space.....I just missed it last week when I visited the hotel.

beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #178 of 1,071

Ethan, whats the scoop on NY and SoCal, tents or ballroom?

LOL. Yeah, barring extremely unforeseen circumstances that may be out of our control, I can safely say that tents are a thing of the past. 

CanJam NYC will be held in the Broadway Ballroom at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square. This will be the highest profile CanJam event we have ever done in terms of space and scope. And I guess we're in pretty good company, the annual WhiskyFest is held in the same venue/ballroom space.....I just missed it last week when I visited the hotel.
 :beerchug:

Now, if you could combine the whiskey fest and CamJam...:D

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #179 of 1,071

beerchug.gif

I can already see it, Brannan will want the Noble booth up in that area with the stairs.

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #180 of 1,071
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back