CanJam London 2023 Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #346 of 463
I didn't try Yamahas. In fact, I wouldn't even care to try them among 10 headphones that cost $200. Sorry but Hifiman's even entry level HPs are not that badly tuned. What a joke!

12002235.png
morpheus_matrix.jpeg

You have two options Neo. Take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and everything is normal, the Harman Target is untouchable, you won't have to worry about testing anything for yourself or listening to new gear. Agent Resolve will never hurt you again. You will be comfortable, happy even at times, and all those who enjoy headphones that do not meet the Harman Target will simply be mad, to be ignored, or in the worst cases, eliminated.

Or you take the red pill, have your own ears and judgement, and no longer think a single line in 2D space can sum up the audio experience, which is the sum total of waves intefrering spatially and in time, a fourdimensional array of oscillations interacting with your unique biology to produce an output. The people who enjoy wildly different sound signatures are no longer crazy, just different. The world becomes complex, and headphones.com reviews will no longer provide you with that same warm cosy comfort that all is well. You will have to venture out into the world, think, and i daresay feel for yourself.

So, which will it be Neo?

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #347 of 463
morpheus_matrix.jpeg
You have two options Neo. Take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and everything is normal, the Harman Target is untouchable, you won't have to worry about testing anything for yourself or listening to new gear. Agent Resolve will never hurt you again. You will be comfortable, happy even at times, and all those who enjoy headphones that do not meet the Harman Target will simply be mad, to be ignored, or in the worst cases, eliminated.

Or you take the red pill, have your own ears and judgement, and no longer think a single line in 2D space can sum up the audio experience, which is the sum total of waves intefrering spatially and in time, a fourdimensional array of oscillations interacting with your unique biology to produce an output. The people who enjoy wildly different sound signatures are no longer crazy, just different. The world becomes complex, and headphones.com reviews will no longer provide you with that same warm cosy comfort that all is well. You will have to venture out into the world, think, and i daresay feel for yourself.

Any "target" is pointless if the headphone has massive bass roll off, and giant frequency combing in the upper mids.

Sorry, maybe pick a better analogy next time :wink:

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #349 of 463

...says the man who uses one of the best Harman implementations in the market. What does that make you? Agent Smith?

It is interesting though, stories like Matrix makes you think that you take the red pill and you are free, you will gain consciousness, a more complex picture of reality. But just like in cartoons or most of the propaganda movies, it gives you only two choices: The absolute bad side, and the absolute good side. Where does that happen, though? Any system in the world that is free of human greed? No. But still you are supposed to believe that there is? What makes this different from a propaganda movie, then - that there is only two ways to interpret life, and you have to take one of them and if you don't take the right one, either you are with the bad guys or you don't want to wake up to the reality. In reality, though, both pills are produced and by the same institutions, or even worse those institutions make you believe that you are living in the red pill reality.

I see, unfortunately, the same cartoonish pattern with your analogy. It is so two dimensional and cartoonish that you make assumptions based on implanted templates in your mind that in my blue pill world people that like such tunings are called crazy, I just read and parrot what some reviewer site write. I frankly don't care if someone thinks that, that HP is the best HP in the world and buys 10 pairs. Or let's say I make my own pills. I owned or tried enough HPs to know what to expect when I see such a measurement. Measurements don't tell the whole story, right, I heard it a millions of times, but they tell a lot.

Anyway, this is a long subject, and I believe this is not the thread to discuss it. Enjoy your Harman Utopia. :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #350 of 463
Any opinions on the Enleum HPA-23RM portable amplifier in the ZMF room? Certainly seemed capable of driving the ZMF headphones, however, it was my first experience with ZMF. As the Sennheiser full size collection stayed at home not able to pass opinion on the Enleum...

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #351 of 463
I have heard all 3, Raven and XE6 at Canjam London and storm some time before that… quite honestly, all three couldn't be any further apart haha. All going for very different signatures and experiences so it depends on what you’re looking for?
I'm just looking for some views around how they compare -) I have heard Raven, but haven't heard the other two, so trying to develop an idea about the two taking Raven as basis. I have seen views independent of the Raven reference, but they don't allow me connect the dots without the reference point

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #352 of 463
Hello everyone!
Apo here. On behalf of the Soundz team, I would like to express our sincere gratitude for everyone involved in this year's CanJam London. Without such an amazing community, our very first CanJam wouldn't have been so memorable. I hope you enjoyed our IEM's as much as we loved interacting with you. Till the next one!

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #353 of 463
Aug 23, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #354 of 463
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #355 of 463
Thanks, after listening to the AURA at the AK stand just after you I was looking forward to your report. Time to grab a cup of tea and have a read. :)

Edit I hope you don't mind me posting a pic here, but that's me. :)

1692784258473.png

What did you think of the Aura?

I personally really enjoyed them, they were rich and dynamic yet very detailed, with great tonality.

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #356 of 463
What did you think of the Aura?

I personally really enjoyed them, they were rich and dynamic yet very detailed, with great tonality.
I didn't have my own DAP so I listened using the demo Kann Max, which I believe was a mistake. Not because the Kann Max is a bad DAP, it looked very nice to me, great responsive display and great weight to it without being too heavy.

The AURA sounded ridiculously bright to me, as that doesn't match anyone else's opinion I'm now quite sure someone had altered the tone from the Kann, EQ or something, which is disappointing because I dismissed the AURA straight away after only about five minutes listening when the issue was totally my fault for not taking my own Sony WM1AM2 but I was traveling light for the day, big mistake as it turned out.

Still there is always CanJam 2024.

PS Brilliant show write up the best I've read so far.

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #357 of 463
The colours aren't transposed, they look the same. Things that look obviously different to you, look the same to me. If you do a Google search there are sites that show what colour blind people see.
This was something I wanted to comment on before but forgot. I also have a problem with the colors and I was often not able to decide which color it was, so I had to cycle through all colors, spot one I am sure about and count the number of clicks. In my daily life it is not an issue with the traffic lights etc., but this is definitely something I don't want to deal with while I am trying to enjoy music.

Maybe need to make an application only for that: Point at the Mojo and it tells the status / settings.

Aug 23, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #359 of 463
Any opinions on the Enleum HPA-23RM portable amplifier in the ZMF room? Certainly seemed capable of driving the ZMF headphones, however, it was my first experience with ZMF. As the Sennheiser full size collection stayed at home not able to pass opinion on the Enleum...
It runs our stuff great - but our headphones are only moderately needy - when I get it back from Canjam with our shipment I'll run it through the paces with HE-6 and Susvara and post on the Enleum forum, as well as with my other cans etc.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 23, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #360 of 463
12143717.jpg

12143716.jpg

Heaven on earth. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back