CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 364
On way, 40 mile trip from Southend. Similar gear brought as Viola!

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 364
Wish I could have made it down. Definitely next year!

Aug 13, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 364
Aug 13, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 364
On train from Milford

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 364

SMILE! it's CanJam day! 

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #8 of 364
Next year! 
popcorn.gif

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #9 of 364
Thank you Smyth Research for an amazing listening experience with Realiser A16, Sennheiser HD800 and Mitchell & Johnson MJ2. You have been very kind, patient and informative, can't wait for the A16' succes. The music industry should be recording the Smyth way for us to get this amazing experience in our home daily

Edit: added pictures correction nr.

Aug 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #10 of 364
Thank you Smyth Research for an amazing listening experience with Realiser A16, Sennheiser HD800 and Mitchell & Johnson MJ1. You have been very kind, patient and informative, can't wait for the A16' succes. The music industry should be recording the Smyth way for us to get this amazing experience in our home daily

(pictures to be inserted asap)

A true revelation

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #11 of 364
Expensive? Yes. MSB the best digital music ever heard? Yes! Lovely to listen to.

Aug 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #13 of 364
But... I still can't figure out if the gentleman from Tralucent audio Is at CanJam London right now ?

-> I am there and would like to listen to the plus5.

So if someone also at CanJam could tell who to look for...

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #14 of 364
Welll, i just changed my reservations and i will be arriving tomorrow morning in London.  Guess the stars aligned for this one, and i will make it for the Sunday CanJam.  Im really looking forward to meeting folks, as i found this site about 2 weeks ago, and now have my first set of high end in ears (Sennheiser ie800s).

In preparation for my DAP purchase next week, cant wait to hear the units i have picked out as high contenders (DX-P1, X7, A&K) and whatever else might be in that same price range.

My friend Steve told me to find Jude Mansilla, will Jude be here?

Be nice to the Newb!!!

Kent

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #15 of 364
Was a good event so far. Had a good social last night, meeting the guys who make the gear I wanted to test was interesting. Today I managed to demo all the items I wanted other than Schiit, was disappointed they weren't attending but I did know that before hand.

Only recently got my Noble K10s so I was eager to compare them to the new Katanas. I found the Katanas a bit flat for my tastes, the bass is much less impactful and the treble is more forward. Overall not my style but I am sure people who like brighter presentation will love them!

Tried the Flow, Elear and Utopia as well; out of the 3 I think I preferred the Flow. It has a good compromise between the deep thumping bass of the Elear and the detailed clean and smooth treble of the Utopia. Also I personally found them more comfortable as the Elear/Utopia gave me a bit of pressure pain on the very top of my head whereas the Flows just disappear. I imagine the Utopia with the Elear pads would be perfect but they only had one set of each headphone so there wasn't an opportunity to tinker.

I think next month off the back of the demos today I will probably buy the Flows with a Gumby/Mj2 stack. Audio bliss incoming.

Thanks to all the people who helped out and of course the companies for bringing the equipment/staff for demo and advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back