CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #437 of 688
Hope so. Please take the LEARs with you if you can. Tatco mentioned to me he will not be exhibiting in London, would be nice to be able to audition a Natro sound tech based IEM
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll bring them, should have the 2 new AAW universal models by then too.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #439 of 688
I'm interested to hear the MSB but the set up that I really want to hear is the Sennheiser HE1. Having heard The Orpheus it would be interesting to get an update. :)
Any news about registering for a listen?

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #440 of 688
MSB Technology's Vince Galbo and Daniel Gullman stopped by Head-Fi HQ to talk about what is currently the most expensive headphone system in the world--their MSB SELECT DAC II (which starts at $89,950.00, and $103,895.00 as configured) and their MSB SELECT Headphone Amplifier ($37,950.00). We used their system with our Stax SR-009 and Stax SR-007 Mk1.

This system is incredible.

While I can't imagine any circumstance (real or imaginary) where I'd personally spend that kind of dough on a headphone system, this system is among the very best audio system experiences--of any type, headphone or loudspeaker--that I've had, ever. Along with Sennheiser's HE-1 Orpheus, this system sets standards to shoot for (even if they're otherwise unattainable currently) as I choose gear I actually can afford.

I'll say more about this system after I've spent more time with it, but I can say that it is one of the finest examples I've heard of mind-blowing resolution from a digital source (more resolution than I've ever heard from digital), without any imparted edginess, bite or harshness as a price. (Most of what I've been listening to through this system has so far been 16-bit, 44.1kHz (CD quality) recordings.)

If you're coming to CanJam London 2016, make sure to reserve a listening session with this incredible system by clicking on the following link, as the available session slots are limited:

Here are photos of the MSB Technology headphone system at Head-Fi HQ (click on a photo to see larger version):

(Above, left to right) MSB SELECT DAC II with Stax SR-007 Mk1 on top; MSB SELECT Headphone Amplifier with Stax SR-009 on top.

(Above, left to right) MSB SELECT DAC II with Stax SR-007 Mk1 on top; MSB SELECT Headphone Amplifier with Stax SR-009 on top.

(Above) This is a rear view of the MSB SELECT DAC II and its Power Base power supply.

(Above) MSB brought one of their Universal Media Transports with Power Base power supply, which we used for disc-spinning.
 ​

(Above, left to right) MSB Select DAC II with Stax SR-007 Mk1 on top; MSB Select Headphone Amplifier with Stax SR-009 on top.

(Above) MSB Technology's Vince Galbo closing his eyes to take in the out-of-head imaging of a Chesky binaural recording, using the Stax SR-009 with the MSB SELECT Headphone Amplifier and SELECT DAC II.
 ​

(Above) MSB Technology's Daniel Gullman closing his eyes to take in the out-of-head imaging of a Chesky binaural recording, using the Stax SR-007 Mk1 with the MSB SELECT Headphone Amplifier and SELECT DAC II.
 ​

(Above) @musicman59 stopped by Head-Fi HQ to give the MSB SELECT Headphone Amplifier and SELECT DAC II a listen--in this photo, he's using the Stax SR-007 Mk1.
 ​

(Above, left to right) MSB Select DAC II with Stax SR-007 Mk1 on top; MSB Select Headphone Amplifier with Stax SR-009 on top.

I think it's amazing that this system and the new Sennheiser HE-1 Orpheus system will both be at the same event, and I will be listening to both again, for sure.

Again, to sign up for a CanJam London listening session with this MSB headphone system, click on the following link:

MSB Technology's Select Headphone Amp and DAC - Exclusive CanJam London Auditions!

Don't miss the opportunity to hear the most expensive headphone system in the world, MSB Technology's Select Headphone Amp and DAC. Timeslots are available on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-3pm and are in 15 minute increments. To register for an audition, you will need to enter your full name, email address, head-fi name, and Eventbrite ticket number at the link below. We will be booking separate timeslots for CanJam London exhibitor staff, volunteers and press attendees! As this is on a first come, first serve basis be sure to get your registration in soon!

http://bit.ly/CJLMSB

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #441 of 688
I'm interested to hear the MSB but the set up that I really want to hear is the Sennheiser HE1. Having heard The Orpheus it would be interesting to get an update.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any news about registering for a listen?

Yes! We'll be posting the link to register for the HE 1 auditions on Monday morning. Spaces are limited and Eventbrite registration for CanJam London is required so for those who have not yet purchased their CanJam London tickets, click here

beerchug.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #442 of 688
Yes! We'll be posting the link to register for the HE 1 auditions on Monday morning. Spaces are limited and Eventbrite registration for CanJam London is required so for those who have not yet purchased their CanJam London tickets, click here

:beerchug:

Will there be seperate slots for volunteers for this as well ?

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #444 of 688
Wow I wish I could make that. How could something possibly cost that much?

Yep. That setup cost more than my house

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #447 of 688
No.
Head-fi Name
Size
Quantity
Scribemole
XL
Rowethren
XL
Caks
L
snejk
L
Cagin
XL
fortisflyer75
XL
episiarch
L

Alright guys this is the current orders for the CanJam T-shirts. Will update it when new orders are made.

Edit : Taken off part regarding volunteers.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #449 of 688
T-shirt
Nc8000 | XL | 1 | volunteer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back