CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #812 of 1,303
The deal sounds awesome! But, do give the JHA's Lola's a try before you pull the trigger. They are pretty incredible!

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #813 of 1,303
The deal sounds awesome! But, do give the JHA's Lola's a try before you pull the trigger. They are pretty incredible!

I will! I’ve absolutely loved the UERM’s I’ve had for the past five years, but I’m ready to move from something neutral to something with a more bass-heavy signature. I wonder how the 18+ compares to the Lola...?

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #814 of 1,303
I will! I’ve absolutely loved the UERM’s I’ve had for the past five years, but I’m ready to move from something neutral to something with a more bass-heavy signature. I wonder how the 18+ compares to the Lola...?
So, the deal wih the Lola's is that you can dial in the bass to what you like and the track demands. They have bass adjustment built into the cable. The downside to most of JHA's high end range is their 4-pin connector, so if you are looking for aftermarket upgrade cables, like I will be tomorrow, the choices are limited.

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #815 of 1,303
For the first timers be sure to check out the SoCal preview on Head Fi's YouTube channel and make a playlist of songs you know like the back of your hand if you have a DAP. Plugging my X5 into every amp I could find was the best. Next year I'll remember to bring my 3.5mm to coax to try the DACs with my tracks but do not be a booth squatter. Don't.

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #816 of 1,303
If possible I would like to bring a USB drive with music and a portable copy of Foobar with my EQ settings (YES, I use EQ) So I can hear headphones from the source I have at home.

I know some will be running Mac's

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #817 of 1,303
The Lola's are very, very good. As are the Xelentos. Try to demo both against the UE18+ before pulling the trigger...

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #818 of 1,303
Regarding CanJam, is it okay to bring your own headphones to test the amps and hardware out?

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #822 of 1,303
I'll bring my Aune M1s for efficient stuff... maybe they'll let me run it line out into an amp?

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #823 of 1,303
I'm bringing my dx200 with amp3 to audition the Vega, Andromeda, UE18+ and a few others. Gonna do side by side with my IEM.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #824 of 1,303
Looking forward to this year after having to skip last year's show. I can only imagine how much it's grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back