CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #602 of 1,303
I'm assuming he borrowed your gear for the photo? Or is he an audiophile in addition to a master chef?
Mr. Ramsay borrowed my gear for the impromptu photos. He was thoroughly flabbergasted when he saw the HE1000. What I was more surprised about than his culinary accolades and stratosphere-esque stardom, was how incredibly fit he looked. I found out on TMZ that he was training for a triathlon and competed as well.

Mar 17, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #604 of 1,303
I remember reading or seeing that he had completed an IronMan triathlon.
Unfortunately, I watched on TMZ and read on The Scotsman that Mr. Ramsay did not finish the triathlon Ironman event in 2015:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/celebrity/gordon-ramsay-rescued-after-collapsing-at-ironman-event-1-3915306/amp

However, Mr. Ramsay previously successfully finished the Hawaii Ironman in 14:04:48:

https://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-gordon-ramsey-hawaii-ironman-20131013-story,amp.html

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #605 of 1,303

We're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-Black-L-3-NYC
third_eye-White-S-1-Singapore

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam NYC, Singapore, and SoCal only at this time and will update the thread when we start taking preorders for London, RMAF, and Shanghai. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

NYC, SoCal - $25
Singapore - SGD $35

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for T-Shirt orders one (1) week prior to the event start date, so for example, the deadline for CanJam NYC 2018 preorders is February 10, 2018. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.

Hi, I would like 1 also please

Kylev-White-L-1-Singapore

Mar 17, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #608 of 1,303
Haha I see!

I'm sure we'll run into eachother.

Without having met Mo before, he thrust his QP1R into my hands while queuing to get into my first Canjam in London. Friendliest, sincere guy you will meet. Last year, I returned the favour by showing Mo a pier :)

Mar 17, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #610 of 1,303
Without having met Mo before, he thrust his QP1R into my hands while queuing to get into my first Canjam in London. Friendliest, sincere guy you will meet. Last year, I returned the favour by showing Mo a pier :)

Wow, that's something else. Hopefully I can contribute to the fun!

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #611 of 1,303
Mo is definitely Da Man!
No idea what "showing a pier" means in the UK (slang?!) - I will not ask, and too hesitate to search Urban Dictionary... :wink:

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #612 of 1,303
Quoted from a Singapore forum, offers at canjam sg (don't think it's exhaustive)
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...24-25-march-2018-a-5787361.html#post113274716
Exhibitors Specials

1More -20% off all 1More headphones

Astell+Kern(AV One) -10% discount across all products

AV Intelligence Visit the AV Intelligence booth for a chance to win the following:

Ultrasone Edition 8 EX headpohones with S-Logic EX AND a Moon by Simaudio Neo 230HAD headphone amp/dac worth $4500 SGD

AVOne Up to 15% discount across all products

Beyerdynamic "Spot a Beyerdynamic Sticker" game. A beyerdynamic sticker will be given to those who visit our booth and at the end of CanJam a lucky winner will win our exclusive new product.

Brainwavz Brainwavz Giveaway - Visit the Brainwavz booth for more details
1 x B100 Balanced armature earphones + Kudul Duo Earphone hanger
1 x B150 Balanced armature earphones + Kudul Duo Earphone hanger
1 x B200 Dual Balanced Armature Driver earphones + Kudul Duo Earphone hanger

Chord (AV One) 10% discount

Empire Ears 20% of MSRP for CanJam Singapore attendees

Final Audio Get a free earpiece (M size) just by stopping at the booth
Get a free earpiece set (LL/L/M/S/SS) by just following us @final_audio on instagram!
Win prize by lottery by testing our products and taking a photo of your favorite one and post it on Instagram & tag @final_audio!
SONOROUS III: one per day (two in total)
F7200: one per day (two in total)

Hifiman (AV One) -10% discount
RHA (AV One) -15% show special discount
Woo Audio (AV One) -10% discount
JH Audio (AV One) -10% discount

Music Sanctuary 64 Audio - 15-20% discount
Custom Art - 5-10% discount
Lime Ears - 10-15% discount
HUM - 20% discount
Jomo Audio - 15-20% discount
Eartech - up to 10% discount
Soranik - up to 20% discount
InEar Monitoring - up to 15% discount
K2Craft - 15-20% discount
PW Audio - 20% discount on most products
Effect Audio - 20% discount on most products
Han Sound Audio - 20% discount on most products
plusSound - 20% discount
Whiplash Audio - 15% discount
Norne Audio - 15% discount
SKM Tech - 10-15% discount
SLT Tech - 15-20% discount

Vision Ears VE2 @ S$899(Limited for 3 units during the show) SRP S$1199
VE3 and VE4 will have 10% discount
VE5 @ S$1899 + Free Ares II Cable
VE6(Non XC) @ S$1999 + Free Ares II Cable
VE6LSE Light Package Launch @ S$3888 (With Thor Silver II Cable, Signed VE T-shirt, Signed EA T-shirt, Signed Photo)
*** free ear impressions for all VE orders at the show ***

Some places are also having pre canjam events if you are in town early
https://www.facebook.com/zeppelinan...542304572857/2052723561421391/?type=3&theater

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #613 of 1,303
Mo is definitely Da Man!
No idea what "showing a pier" means in the UK (slang?!) - I will not ask, and too hesitate to search Urban Dictionary... :wink:

Haha. Actually mean showing him a pier! Longest pleasure pier in the world, 1.3 miles out to sea. We walked down together with our wife’s on the Thames Estuary at Southend-On-Sea.

Mar 18, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #614 of 1,303

Right back at you, my friend! You're the man!

Thanks again for showing me around the Southend-On-Sea area - amazingly beautiful and picture-esque!

Mo is definitely Da Man!

Haha! Yeah, Andrew showed me the longest pleasure pier in the world. The walking of the length of the pier seemed to never end. You know a pier is long when you can take a tram/train across! We took the tram/train back after walking to the end of the pier.

Haha. Actually mean showing him a pier! Longest pleasure pier in the world, 1.3 miles out to sea. We walked down together with our wife’s on the Thames Estuary at Southend-On-Sea.

Yep! Here's a pic of the Southend-On-Sea pier (also posted in my Instagram) :

southend-on-sea pier.jpg

Off-topic, my apologies:

I have an MRI scheduled on the 20th of this month (this upcoming Tuesday), and I'll find out with the neurosurgeon an update to the timelime when I will be able to fly. Hopefully I will be able to fly sooner than later!

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #615 of 1,303

Haha! Yeah, Andrew showed me the longest pleasure pier in the world. The walking of the length of the pier seemed to never end. You know a pier is long when you can take a tram/train across! We took the tram/train back after walking to the end of the pier.
Sounds like fun :wink:
Hope to be able to attend CanJam London one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back