CanJam 2009 Impressions
May 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #61 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another picture of the HF-2!

hf2_4.jpg

Sweet. The metal housing with the inside wood looks great. I can't wait to read the impression.

May 30, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #62 of 636
Indeed, I'm sure many people are waiting for the impressions! The more prior Grado experience with their high-end 'phones, the better.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #63 of 636
In before some guy who brought their PS-1s:

Quote:

I A/B'd them with my PS-1s, and they sound almost exactly alike.

I would lol, and then feel sad for not having 450$.
frown.gif

EDIT: This is all just a 'what if' and has not happened...yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #66 of 636
what?! The HF-2 sound almost exactly alike the PS1?
redface.gif

Is he sure it sounds exactly alike or just similar with the PS1 more refine in every area?

I would really like to know how deep the bass goes and how textured versus the PS1/PS1000.

May 30, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #67 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamahome77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

Is he sure it sounds exactly alike or just similar with the PS1 more refine in every area?

At least you know it hits hard in the bass.

May 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #69 of 636
Quote:

redface.gif

I would really like to know how deep the bass goes and how textured versus the PS1/PS1000.

Reread his post. It's quite confusing, but I see that as some kind of speculative quote he threw up. Like a what if someone said this scenario.

I looked over the entire thread just now and no one has made that comment.

May 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #72 of 636
I heard they are better than the orpheus... I bet they'll be awesome regardlesss, and well worth the money. I personally think they are one of the most gorgeous grados ever made! Maybe just below the HP2, I like the look of those cups better than the PS1, and I think I like the metal look better than wood. Looks more industrial and useful rather than exotic and luxurious
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #73 of 636
Quote:

redface.gif

You must be mistaken, because I heard they sound like rainbows after a sun shower with a light summer breeze. I also heard they cure acne and rescued a child from a burning building.

In all seriousness, I don't think anyone has posted impressions from the meet yet...

May 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #75 of 636
I just got my hands on the HF-2. Unfortunately, for only a couple of songs on a solid state amp, none of which I'm familiar with and I didn't have my RS-1 for comparison.

The most I'll say now is that they are Grados.
smily_headphones1.gif
If you love the house sound, you won't be disappointed. Fit'n'finish is good - I like the leather headband and cups.

Also, these had flats on. I'd think they'd change with bowls.

I'm happy with the HF-2 and want to give it a longer listen. Todd, you can run my card right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back