CanJam 2009 Impressions
May 31, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #91 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy OneThree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I scanned through all of those photos, but I didn't see anything. I guess we are going to have to wait 14 more hours.

Are you kidding me ? Momma Woo !!! The Woo's are dogging it with those new t-shirts. I want one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Go Eddie !

May 31, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #93 of 636
I have to go back and catch up on these pages but I listened to a lot today and my biggest surprise and the catch of the day for the price was the HF-2 from Todd. Under $500. and sounded great! and i am not normally really that into Grados. I thought they sounded better than the PS-1000s. so there.

May 31, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #94 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to go back and catch up on these pages but I listened to a lot today and my biggest surprise and the catch of the day for the price was the HP-2 from Todd. Under $500. and sounded great! and i am not normally really that into Grados. I thought they sounded better than the PS-1000s. so there.

y

May 31, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #95 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to go back and catch up on these pages but I listened to a lot today and my biggest surprise and the catch of the day for the price was the HP-2 from Todd. Under $500. and sounded great! and i am not normally really that into Grados. I thought they sounded better than the PS-1000s. so there.

you mean HF-2? that is a big statement and it makes me more anxious to receive my pair.
smile_phones.gif

May 31, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #96 of 636
HF-2 yes. I was blown away, don't know if it was the set up or what but it had a great sound, had bass the whole nine yards. I wasn't thrilled with the new offering, i think that was the PS-1000.

May 31, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #98 of 636
Wow, a whole room filled with wonderful expensive amps and cans and setups that we wished we all could have, and the focus so far is on the HF2? Im can understand that people might be curious about it since nobody has really heard it till now, but I would have never guessed that it would be the most talked about so far.

May 31, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #101 of 636
Okay, I learned about under powered and well powered Omega 02 headphones, underpowered and well powered HD800s, what amps i like better than the one i own, and what amps i don't. I also saw that i have a weak link in my dac area or my cd area that needs working on but i don't know the actual cost of working on it, seems prohibitory maybe, met alot of cool and helpful people........... Will be there tomorrow with my raffle tickets and with cds of my own music damn it. ... hows that.

Edit-this is in response to KingStyles

May 31, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #102 of 636
Thank you dallen
Quote:

i actually did find an amp i like with the 800s better than my Zana.....no comment

I was wondering what amp you liked better than the zana and is it nonbalenced or balenced. Why I am wondering is because the zana is on my short list of my near future amp purchase. Im want to pair a amp up with the isabellina and I think the energy of the zana would compliment the warmth and body of the isabellina.

May 31, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #104 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pico Slim anyone?

they had a prototype without the shell. The smallest Pico is really small but sounds great. I was also surprised to find out that the guy who designed them is really young. He looked like he is 18. Nice kid. Smart kid. He also had the Blue Hawaii or something like that, a wonderful Stax amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back