Cancelling FA DBA-02 order from GD Audiobase
May 16, 2011 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

m4thue

New Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of Fischer Audio DBA-02 IEM's from GD-Audiobase over a month ago now. I paid immediately after completing ordering.
I am yet to receive a tracking number, suggesting that the earphones have not been shipped at all, despite the GDA website claiming my order has been 'Shipped' over three weeks ago.
After several emails over that time going unanswered, I want to cancel my order.

I emailed Dmitry today telling him I wanted to cancel my order.
Secondary to all of the above, I have found another supplier of the IEM's that has very limited stock but is able to ship immediately if I order soon.

I need some guidance really. Do I order the IEM's from my new supplier, hoping that I get a refund from GDA, or do I just keep waiting?

Thanks guys.

May 16, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I ordered a pair of Fischer Audio DBA-02 IEM's from GD-Audiobase over a month ago now. I paid immediately after completing ordering.
I am yet to receive a tracking number, suggesting that the earphones have not been shipped at all, despite the GDA website claiming my order has been 'Shipped' over three weeks ago.
After several emails over that time going unanswered, I want to cancel my order.

I emailed Dmitry today telling him I wanted to cancel my order.
Secondary to all of the above, I have found another supplier of the IEM's that has very limited stock but is able to ship immediately if I order soon.

I need some guidance really. Do I order the IEM's from my new supplier, hoping that I get a refund from GDA, or do I just keep waiting?

Thanks guys.

Wait until you get a response.  It could be that it is in fact shipped but the shipping company is being slow.  It would be a pain in the ass to have two of them and having to ship one of them back, after all.  Just complain that their customer service is rather awful and that you would like to cancel the order if it has not in fact been shipped yet, and if it has been, why it hasn't been given a tracking number yet.

May 16, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 7
Hmm.. I suppose that is the only logical course of action. It would be a pity to find out in a week that GDA is out of stock (more waiting...) and I've missed my chance with this other supplier.

Oh well. Live and learn, aye. Thanks DaBomb. :)

May 16, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I initially emailed GDA, while I was placing my order, about a simple query. Maybe 30 minutes later I received a reply.
I thought GREAT! Customer service! So after being informed of delays up to three weeks (they were posted on the main page), finally the main page said "All delayed orders will be shipped on Thursday, Friday". That was Thursday/Friday of last week.

I'm not too concerned about when my package ships at this point (delays happen all the time, I can't blame the seller), my main reason behind wanting to cancel is the lack of response when I sent my first email asking why I hadn't received a tracking number. I actually sent his email to ensure I hadn't been 'forgotten'.. which seems to be the case.

So far I've sent three emails and used the form under "Contact Us" once. Two emails and the form were asking for my tracking number, with the final email asking to cancel my order if it had not yet shipped.

I've heard nothing back but blissful silence.

I'm a patient person but coming up to a month and a quarter now since ordering, GDA is officially worse than DealExtreme (only waited a month to receive my order).

May 16, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Sometimes, though, customer service runs into technical issues and never even receives your emails, or for some reason cannot reply.  But still, after sending several emails you shouldn't have to wait this long...hopefully this all works out in the end.

May 16, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #7 of 7

On the GDA homepage:
"All delayed orders are shipped out, tracking numbers will be sent in soon. All emails will be answered on this week. Thanks for all who were so patient within this hard period!"

Woo! So they must've been pretty backed up.
I eagerly await my tracking number. :)

Quote:
hopefully this all works out in the end.

Hopefully it all will. Thanks.

Edit: Tracking number arrived today but apparently they were actually shipped four days ago, so I hopefully won't have to wait much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back