Canberrans? (Australia)
Mar 9, 2006 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rincewind

1000+ Head-Fier
How many headfi'ers in Canberra or nearby? As far as I can tell, there's a lot less chance for ppl in countries other than the USA to try gear before buying (since all the manufacturers are there or in Europe), so I think it's even MORE important for ppl down under (and other "out of the way" countries to have meets to share opinions!

Post a reply if u are in/near Canberra and would be interested in a meet of some sort, whether it be home or portable based headfi, doesn't matter!

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 13
Canberra, eh? People still live there?
eggosmile.gif

I agree, there are only a handful of us here, but I certainly don't have anything worthy to bring to a meet!!! Although Canberra is a bit far for me...

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 13
theres quite a few headfiers who live in sydney, I''m guessing thats close enough to canberra...

i would be interested, even though i dont have much to bring... the receiver is way too big :p

Sep 6, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #7 of 13
I'm trying to organize meet at Sussex Inlet area. If that won't happen I'd be interested to drive down to Canberra. I just listed my gear in my last post in my thread.
Or any Canberra guys possibly willing to meet up on South Coast?

Nov 3, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #8 of 13
South Coast meeting is on (or so it seems). Check my other thread. Any Canberrians still interested?

Lad

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I think it's even MORE important for ppl down under (and other "out of the way" countries to have meets to share opinions!

Agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 from Sydney.
Well, we are only 3hrs apart
biggrin.gif

Agreed.

I understand there may be another Sydney meet in August when juzmister returns from London but I also concur that meets in Canberra/South Coast are quite possible for us Sydneysiders. Although what I'd bring might be effected by distance to travel (hate disassembling/transporting/reassembling the valve/tube-based gear - always worried about it - too parental/conservative I know!
rolleyes.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back