can youhave me solve this equation? ipod+ which portalable amp+ my HD 30 pro = best combo?
Jun 8, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

aznx2high

New Head-Fier
hey guy and gals

does anyone have a suggestion for an amp that will make my ipod sound less crappy than it already is?
i don't know whats my price range right now but if at all possible please tell me from cheap, average,to high-end.
i have been looking around like filo E5,cmoy, just audio uHA-120, and others. but i am a novice at this so i am looking forward to your feed back. also for details i have a ipod nano 5th gen and my head phones are the sennheiser HD 380 PRO

thanks.

P.S.

also if you guys or gals know the output of my ipod that wold be very helpful and a great fun fact.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 10
my ipod classic sounds great with a fiio e5 and my shure srh840. i think they make a good sub $20 option.

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 10
This is my suggestion:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/504037/mini-review-digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer

Make of it what you will - over and out.

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 10
hmm i would say weak bass, its like missing a little kick on the bass but its ok, the highs are good. its just feels too flat. hmm hard to explain. because i have my own preference. and yes i want a hear volume.

also quick question if anyone can answer but if  you have an input/source of an ipod and the frequency response is 20Hz-20Khz and it goes to the amp, does the amp push out 10Hz-27Hz? ( if the amp could push out that) or does it have no effect?

Jun 12, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 10
what kind of ipod?

edit:nano eh.

my E5 made a difference for sure with my old nano.

Try ibasso T3, fiio E7 or the new E11(i havent tried e11 myself, reviews are good).

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #9 of 10
cheapest solution would be almost any of the fiio amps. most of them have bass boost. the hippo box+ is also good if you can find a place that sells them online.

or, have you tried the equalizer settings on the nano? I read somewhere also that if you set an equalizer setting on itunes before transfering the song, it will retain those settings when you leave the equalizer on " flat" in the ipod.

Jun 13, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #10 of 10
A Fiio isnt always the best bang-for-bang. This has been around for a long time, but gets bulldozed by the rush to newer amps:

http://www.headfonia.com/electric-avenues-pa2v2/

'perhaps the best PRaT I've heard out of a portable amp' - ok, Mike lays it on pretty thick. but I wanted to see this included on your shortlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back