Can you trust this er4p conversion cable?
Jan 1, 2010 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

todd92371

100+ Head-Fier
Jan 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 18
I bought one of these so that I could use my IEMs with my desk rig while reducing the hiss ... I can't say it really changed the sound of my IEMs, but perhaps it is IEM dependent? Just for reference, I used the HF5 and the IE8 with it (300 ohm version).

If you are asking if this seller is legit, I can say that I had no problems.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 18
Even the one sold by Ety is use an impedance adapter like that of eBay. Awwan is also a member here, though he never really post that much. I have seen a lot of his products on different forums so I would say he is a legit seller.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 18
Will this be about the same thing as the Head Direct cable? That one looks nice also.

thanks

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 18
I'm interested in getting the adaptor, as I find the Etys cable rather long as it is- don't wish to extend the length any further. I use it when I commute, and my pockect is stuffed full of cable.

I'd like to know if there is any difference in using an adaptor versus the Etys conversion cable. Length of cable, resistance and capicitance play a part, but I expect the difference to be slight. Am I right to expect this?

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 18
That is what I"m curious about as well. The length of the cord and such.

todd

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #10 of 18
Slightly off-topic, but any feedback on Awwan's ER4 cables? Looks like a decent build for the money, but how do they sound? TIA.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly off-topic, but any feedback on Awwan's ER4 cables? Looks like a decent build for the money, but how do they sound? TIA.

I'm going to order one this weekend. My current cable is broken so I'm in need of a replacement. I'm going to try and repair my stock cable as I know where the cable is going out but I don't really like the stock cable (too much cable noise, stiffens up in cold weather). And If my repair attempt fails I'll have a replacement on the way at the least.

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak40ozKevin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to order one this weekend. My current cable is broken so I'm in need of a replacement. I'm going to try and repair my stock cable as I know where the cable is going out but I don't really like the stock cable (too much cable noise, stiffens up in cold weather). And If my repair attempt fails I'll have a replacement on the way at the least.

Hope you create a thread and share your impressions. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back