Can you make Vista look like Apple (or know of something that can)?
Feb 3, 2008 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

SoundGoon

500+ Head-Fier
Along the lines of the "make my windows look better" thread, does anyone know if there is anything that will make vista look/function more like Apple? Leopard would be nice...
Preferably something that won't slow the operation down to a crawl
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy a mac. Be happy, don't worry. It's the only way.

This.

Making Windows look like OS X is like putting a giant wing on a Civic and pretending its a Lamborghini.

Just buy a Mac. Used ones are great values, as well. Or run Linux - Gnome and KDE are far superior to Windows' interface and much more customizable.

Unless you're a hardcore gamer or have custom apps for your business, there's no good reason to put up with Microsoft these days.

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something like this maybe?

That's one of the closest I've seen! Except that clicking on the Apple doesn't show the applications, still too windowy (windowish?) for me.

Feb 4, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something like this maybe?

this is what I'm thinking. I like the functioning of Vista for what I do, but I've always liked the look of Vista. Dumb question time - I can't get this to load once I download it. I think it's something I'm misunderstanding, but could anyone explain how to go about it? Thanks and thanks Krmathis!

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do I find the windowblinds? I didn't see it in the dl...

Stardock WindowBlinds

I am sure you can find a theme to use with a patched UXTheme.dll file as well...

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #11 of 20
Feb 4, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #12 of 20
why not do a torrent search and download the intel x86 leopard or tiger images. it will run the fully fledged mac os on your intel/AMD pc/laptop, i have been using it for a few years and is just like using my legit mac os on my mac.

you can dual boot to, so you could have vista and mac os on the same system

keywords: intel x86

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not do a torrent search and download the ...
<snip>

We don't discuss illegal activities around here!
mad.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Windowblind's costs, unless you don't mind nagging windows trying to get you to buy.

It's also quite resource intensive if you don't have a very good computer.

But it does look very nice.

This works with Vista and doesn't require any extra programs except UXTheme patcherWIN ZEUS OSX THEME FOR VISTA by ~ZEUSosX on deviantART

Same with this Windows Vista Mac for Vista Beta 1 Theme - Free Download

2 questions: Does Theme Patcher work with Vista? And, if so, can you possibly link a reliable location to download the program?

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #15 of 20
How about software from Stardock:

Stardock: Object Desktop

Open Desktop provide much the view I think and is very configurable. I wish there was a way to resize these types of images. If a moderator knows how please do. This is a redirected image off of StarDock.
odnt-2008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back