Can you guys help me get a impedance adapter for my Etymotic hf5?
Jul 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

delusionist

Head-Fier
I've read that you can convert the hf5 to an "ER4S" with an impedance adapter, since it uses the same drivers (not matched though).

What adapter do you recommend that's affordable and easily acquired?

The Ultimate Ears adapters are sold out, the Etymotic's are 50USD (overpriced, imo). The adapters from ebay take too long and I don't have a paypal account.

Where can I get one that's good and affordable?

Thank you

Jul 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #3 of 7
you can make one if you want an impendance adapter that is really cheap. i think there is a guide somewhere in this forum?

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 7
If you're not a DIY guy, it's not that easy. I purchased this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270986675386

It sounds really, really good and works as advertised. You can even customize the impedance rating. High quality and shipped to me quickly. It's pretty small too. No, I don't work for them in any way
beyersmile.png

Quote:
I'm not a DIY guy, but I may make one if it's easy to make

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 7
If you're not a DIY guy, it's not that easy. I purchased this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270986675386

It sounds really, really good and works as advertised. You can even customize the impedance rating. High quality and shipped to me quickly. It's pretty small too. No, I don't work for them in any way :beyersmile:

I would so buy this :)

but it's coming from HK and the estimated time of arrival would be August.

I was dead set on the UE (100ohm?) adapter but it's out of stock and it was a nice value at $20 too.

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 7
Arrived to me in the USA in about 6 days. Ebay international shipping estimates are wildly, wildly inaccurate. YMMV.
Quote:
I would so buy this
smily_headphones1.gif

but it's coming from HK and the estimated time of arrival would be August.
I was dead set on the UE (100ohm?) adapter but it's out of stock and it was a nice value at $20 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back