can you bi-wire speakers with single wire posts?
May 21, 2010 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
What I mean is, my speakers have single wire posts. I have speaker cables that are bi-wire. Can I just "piggyback" the spades onto the single wire posts? Will it degrade the sound or do people do this?

May 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 6
You should be able to do the piggyback thing if it's just one connection at the amp to two at the speakers. Although not quite as ideal as a single run to single run, it shouldn't make any notable difference in the SQ. I'd imagine you'll have to make sure the binding posts are tightened pretty good though so the spades don't slip out.

May 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 6
I am doing that with the speakers in my bedroom. Works fine. It isn't bi-wiring, of course, its single-wiring with a double-run.

May 23, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 6
YEP!   As They said above that will work, just make sure you hook Positives and Negs. on the correct speaker binding post..........

May 26, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 6
It may change the impedance being its a parallel run.
I dont think youll hear a sound difference, but it may show a measured difference if the cable were tested.
May be half the impedance now. (The cable, not the speakers. It wont make 8 ohm speakers, 4 ohm..lol) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back