Can we live by eating 20 bananas a day?
Feb 15, 2010 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
Each banana gives you about 100 calories so if we were to eat 20 of them, can we survive for at least 1 year?

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 40
If you ate bananas every day in that kind of quantity, you'd eventually die from too much Potassium in your system because your kidneys would eventually fail.

To put it in perspective, people with kidney disease who have about 50% function in just one of their kidneys are told not to eat more than 1 banana a week.

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 40
Coconuts will sustain human life indefinitely, all by themselves. Bananas, not so much.

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #9 of 40
Potatoes are supposed to be a complete food - as long as you don't eat any parts that are green.

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you for real? You’d go banana’s. Although you’d be regular as hell.

Ahahaha, couldn't have said it better myself.

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #11 of 40
You wouldnt starve, it is food that your body can process afterall. But I have hard time figuring you would stay very healthy for long, as posts above mention.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #12 of 40
You'll get seriously ill and eventually die by lack of proteins, fat and minerals.

Pure fruiteaters that are related close to men are the large apes.
If possible they eat almost nothing but fruit, however, small quantities of ants, maggots, eggs etc. as well as some extra minerals from different sources are needed to stay healthy.

But if you would only be allowed one and no more then one single kind of food, and try to survive as long as possible, banana's would probably be a good choice.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #13 of 40
I tried doing an all fruit diet including bananas and the annoying thing is that you end up pooping alot since there is too much fiber and it's annoying runny poop since fruits and bannanas are squishy by nature. I am a big advocate of raw vegetables though.

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried doing an all fruit diet including bananas and the annoying thing is that you end up pooping alot since there is too much fiber and it's annoying runny poop since fruits and bannanas are squishy by nature. I am a big advocate of raw vegetables though.

TMI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back