Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
Jan 30, 2014 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

reddragon

Headphoneus Supremus
Can those of you who have heard or own (even better) Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them in terms of sound? They are now priced exactly the same and I have always wanted to own a pair of HE500. Alpha Dog has no leakage and good isolation right? Is HE500 too heavy or is it still bareable? Do they sound fatiguing in any way? Sounding fatiguing is definitely a dealbreaker for me. I want a slightly warm sounding and musical headphone that has deep, tight, visceral bass, clear and lush mids, and clear and sweet treble. I have read about those headphones but I want to gather more info on them before buying. If I am indeed purchasing, it is likely to be my end game headphone for at least a while. I probably will not have an amp to use with them (if i indeed get them), just my iBasso DX100. DX100 has enough power already right? Also, if I decide to go with the Hifiman HE500, where do you recommend me to get it? Just from Amazon will save me shipping, does HeadDirect charge shipping? Would it be better if I get it straight from HeadDirect because it will have warranty? Or will I still get warranty buying from other sellers on Amazon? I live in California if that means anything. Thanks.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Look for reviews on the internet but I can post opinions that I copied into my word file. Read them if you need but there are few no names who wrote because I did not copied their names so sorry.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vj5rd29en5yp6vi/Mrspeakers%20The%20Apha%20Dog.docx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back