Can someone explain to me what a troll is & it's intended purpose?
Oct 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this a good time to bring up the K-701?

How about the bass with Darth Beyers!!
o2smile.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 53
*rolls eyes*
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podtweaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I've always been curious about this from the time I started visiting forums. It appears some of us get pretty upset if they suspect one. My other question is why should someone even pay that much attention to something they consider nonsensical or ficticious ? To my knowledge the "Truth Police" can't protect everyone no matter how hard they try! Some people insist they don't need the help.

Dunno, why do you ask :')

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #21 of 53
Trolls don't make for very good rogues.

You see, rogues have to be stealthy, fast, and invisible. A troll is 8 feet tall. Why people use them for rogues is something I'll never understand.

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trolls don't make for very good rogues.

You see, rogues have to be stealthy, fast, and invisible. A troll is 8 feet tall. Why people use them for rogues is something I'll never understand.

LOL
biggrin.gif
I thought the same thing. But it's actually quite common now.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #23 of 53
I've trolled on other forums from time to time with the purpose of making people realise how insanely serious they take things. People need to remember that it's the internet. . . so don't take things so personally.

Then again, I've been a keyboard warrior once too many times and trolls have had a field day with me.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 53
LOL. Keyboard Warrior.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #26 of 53
The keyboard is mightier than the sword?
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #28 of 53
Life is too short and way way too busy to waste time with those of deviant purpose online which is why they attract such well deserved admonishment and ultimately are banned from participation when caught. To be fair there is a certain latitude with the hard and fast meaning of troll and trolling but the atypical meaning of troll is generally accepted as being highly undesirable here and in most other online communities. It's pretty easy to spot the troll 99% of the time.

Peete.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #29 of 53
Just curious, can you trust wikipedia for anything like the thread enclosed reference of the definition of TROLL

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, can you trust wikipedia for anything like the thread enclosed reference of the definition of TROLL

That is up to you to decide. It pretty much fit my description of a troll, but yours may be different.
Wikipedia is open for editing by everyone, so everything written in there may not reflect the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back