Can I Trust This Ebay Seller Or Not?
Jul 21, 2010 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

boro

Head-Fier
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-headphone-MDR-R10-/320564676061?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa324c5dd

This Pair R10 Is Very Good Price
And Seller Said : Is new in top condition

But Seller Is New Account And Live In Holland But Free Shipping To US
Also Photo I Think Is Copy In Internet.

Can I Trust This Ebay Seller Or Not?

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 22
Jesus Christ how much do they usually cost? Are those the greatest cans on earth?! I'm new to this. I say buy em. If they're counterfeit or not as described there's always eBay buyer protection.

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 22
Zero feedback. I'd probably look elsewhere. Also he only has one picture for a can that great? Not a risk I'd take but he could very well be a great guy. Just don't know but what a heck of a first sale. If you're serious about it, I'd ask for a picture with his username on it.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 22
Yeah, and never used?  That's like a Corvette buyer swearing in an ad, "Never been raced." If you're someone that has the money to throw around, you might as well try to buy these.  Between ebay and paypal's buyer protection, you should be ok.  At the very worst, you will have your money tied up for a month.  I originally made my ebay account to buy a video game, and my 3rd sale was a motorcycle.  A few buys later, and I sold my little brother's car.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 22
since it has a serial number, what you can do is try to get his name, assuming he is the first user, and verify it with Sony.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 22
Probably is original, he listed a serial number....but, to be sure verify it. 

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 22
I rather stay away, 4 grand is is quite a sum of money

better to wait for someone who has at least a credible background better yet someone here in Headfi, remember "Patience is virtue" thats how ninjas attack their victims in the dark.

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
I rather stay away, 4 grand is is quite a sum of money

better to wait for someone who has at least a credible background better yet someone here in Headfi, remember "Patience is virtue" thats how ninjas attack their victims in the dark.

I'm with Sanakaku on this one. Legit owner or not, no feedback on a 4k+ deal is not something I'd want to risk. If the price is too good to be true (in this case, where high serial models go for 5-6K+) I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot hooker.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #10 of 22

Quote:
Jesus Christ how much do they usually cost? Are those the greatest cans on earth?! 

Actually yeah along w/ K1000, Stax Omega 2, Sennheiser Orpheus, et all.  I have the CD2000's w/ the bio-cellulose drivers which I presume were a mild trickle down for a more budget phone.

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 22
Maybe it's legit. However, will PayPal cover you if you get scammed? Also, I hope you'd buy with a credit card. Be sure to check whether your credit card will give you a refund if this is a scam. If the seller asks for money to be wired, then it's probably a scam.

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #12 of 22
Hard to say, since he have no feedback.
So it is just a risk you either have to take, or pass on it.

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #13 of 22
If he accept paypal, I say go for it. He would have to be verified with paypal to be able to accept a sum of money that large. Then if they turn out to be not what you expected, you could easily file a paypal complaint along with an eBay complaint. This could very well just be his first time selling anything. Buyers using eBay and paypal these days are pretty well protected from scams.

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #15 of 22
rofl.

c'mon. really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back