Can I get more with the 325i's?
Jan 25, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being a Grado fan while detesting the SR325i's is like being a beer fan but only of those non-alcoholic.
smily_headphones1.gif

No, it's like liking beer, but not liking alcopop or shandys.

Jan 25, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #17 of 24
That must be it! - Since the Grado's are 32 ohm and the senns are 50 ohm, the headbox must deliver more current for the lower moad, and maybe it just can't do it, or maybe its adding some distortion. Looking at new amps, let me know what you think for the 325s

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
grado 325i's = horribly bright and fatiguing

Let me say they are neutral regarding tonality. They might be fatiguing, but actually they are hardly any brighter than the DT880's or HD600's. Let's start talking about headphones hooked up to proper equipment.
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #20 of 24
Ok, let's talk about headphones hooked up to proper equipment:

SR325is hooked to a dynahi and to an mpx3. In both cases, it was shrill and harsh and unlistenable. They're in no way neutral.

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Let me say they are neutral regarding tonality. They might be fatiguing, but actually they are hardly any brighter than the DT880's or HD600's. Let's start talking about headphones hooked up to proper equipment.
wink.gif

proper equipment?
rolleyes.gif
i heard them out of a ppx3, which is more than "proper" and they were harsh. they were so bright that i wanted to rip my ears out of my head. neutral? not a chance.

also, i hate the dt880's, which are harsh and bright as well, but no where near as bad as the 325i. also bright isn't a adjective i'd use to describe the sennheiser sound.

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #22 of 24
ojnihs, gimme your reference for neutral headphones and we can discuss it. Otherwise your statements are void. PPX3 is not everything that makes the sound right or wrong - there is a source and interconnects as well.
I don't know which DT880 you call bright and harsh but saying that about the 2005 edition is a joke.

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #23 of 24
I know my SOHA does a good job for my 225's.So I would imagine the 325's would sound good too.That is the problem with grados they require a good source. I have a little portable kaito SW radio that sounds great for my 225's. Some channels sound awesome.So go figure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunseeker888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That must be it! - Since the Grado's are 32 ohm and the senns are 50 ohm, the headbox must deliver more current for the lower moad, and maybe it just can't do it, or maybe its adding some distortion. Looking at new amps, let me know what you think for the 325s

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

ojnihs, gimme your reference for neutral headphones and we can discuss it. Otherwise your statements are void. PPX3 is not everything that makes the sound right or wrong - there is a source and interconnects as well.
I don't know which DT880 you call bright and harsh but saying that about the 2005 edition is a joke.

most neutral headphone i've heard is the hp-2. the ppx3 was fed out of a ack dack 2.0 connected to a modded chaintech av-710. don't care to remember the interconnects, because i don't believe in cables making enough of a difference to warrant spending too much for them.

the pre-2005 DT880s were bright as all heck, while the 2005 dt880 model is less bright, more balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back