Can I fix this? (ATH-M50 issue)
Apr 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

thelamppost

New Head-Fier
So i just got a pair of used M50s on ebay knowing there would be a problem with bass over 80db in the left ear cup.  Is it possible to fix this issue or would it cost too much/risk damaging my headphones?

Thanks!

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 10
he did not specify, but I'm not blaming him....maybe he just wasn't sure.  The way I can describe it is a "thump" when listening to louder bass, it might only be at certain frequencies too....I'll be doing a test on that shortly.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 10
60 dollars.  I'm a college student and the defect is not earth shattering, its just a little irritating sometimes.
I think considering most people try to get them for around 90-100 I did pretty well here...plus i know a lot of people are often lazy and the problem with their product is sometimes an easy fix.  I wasn't sure if this was one of those instances.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
60 dollars.  I'm a college student and the defect is not earth shattering, its just a little irritating sometimes.

I guess you'll have to live with it then. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
do you know where i could buy a replacement driver??

Have you contacted Audio technica, asking where you can find replacement parts for your hp's? i did a quick search..no results. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back