'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
Jul 12, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #646 of 670
Yes, big hurrah for Paul for organising the meet. It is overkill I believe but it makes it very "professional".

I for one, kinda sure that Paul has to put in his own money.
When you count the cost, it doesn't match up.
So Paul, thank you very much for your sacrifice. If you need anything, please let me know and I'm sure we can give you "mate" price.
:)

However, my impressions are:
1) LCD-2 really live up to its name. It is truly high-end.
2) On the paper, Asgard should be the amp for the Beyer T1 but we found out that Valhalla really makes it sing.
3) Dominos make "Bacon and egg" pizza????
4) We have one lady as attendee. (not counting Paul's assistants, which are very helpful).

It was an enjoyable day. Thanks again to Paul, his brother, the ladies and all who have made it happen.
beerchug.gif

Nelson
i-enjoy.com.au

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #647 of 670
Quote:
Waiting for a clear shot of yourself.
No gear? What’s going on dude.

Hehe I should have known =P

Unfortunately by the time we got on the road it was too late to make a meaningful contribution to the gear list.
I think they started packing up almost as soon as we got there.

Next time =)

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #648 of 670
Yes, big hurrah for Paul for organising the meet. It is overkill I believe but it makes it very "professional".

So Paul, thank you very much for your sacrifice. If you need anything, please let me know and I'm sure we can give you "mate" price.
:)

However, my impressions are:
1) LCD-2 really live up to its name. It is truly high-end.
2) On the paper, Asgard should be the amp for the Beyer T1 but we found out that Valhalla really makes it sing.
3) Dominos make "Bacon and egg" pizza????
4) We have one lady as attendee. (not counting Paul's assistants, which are very helpful).

It was an enjoyable day. Thanks again to Paul, his brother, the ladies and all who have made it happen.
beerchug.gif

Nelson
i-enjoy.com.au

Thank you i-enjoy for offering mate's rate but I would rather you give special discounts for the participants/headfiers (perhaps 10%?). Puhaha but don't want you to go bankrupt~
Also, Don't mind forking out as long as everyone enjoyed themselves. And it was worth it because it was for good cause.

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #649 of 670

Quote:

I repeated my earlier offer to Paul to throw in a few more bucks in case there was a shortfall, but he wouldn't hear of it.  I can still send him a few bucks if he's short - I can help out in that way, but can't spend time helping organise/run things.

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #650 of 670
Yes. It is true~ Mazz has offered several times during the meet to help out~
It is okay guys~ When I got home and did the counting, it turns out that I am not out by too much~ ^ ^
etysmile.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #654 of 670
Hey guys, does anyone know what the song that had recurrent peripheral cymbals, on the laptop which was on the left table where the hd800's originated? Yeah, specific question, but it's been bugging me since the meet. that song/album was awesome, but I can't remember the name.

Jul 14, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #655 of 670
May be it was one of this album:
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=artistdetail&id=9541
I got that on my Laptop that was with the HD800s
BTW that's bi-aural and sound is amazing no matter what headphones, the HD800s helps with the detail.
Either way, does anyone knows any other recording done bi-aural?

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #656 of 670

Quote:
May be it was one of this album:
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=artistdetail&id=9541
I got that on my Laptop that was with the HD800s
BTW that's bi-aural and sound is amazing no matter what headphones, the HD800s helps with the detail.
Either way, does anyone knows any other recording done bi-aural?

Oh yes! I remember now, that was the album, with the trippy visuals.Wanted to hear this in the quiet of my own home :) Thank you so much! Just tried one of their demos, and I must admit, it sounded much better on your HD800's.

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #657 of 670
Jul 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #658 of 670
Hey completely off topic, but I'm just wondering would anyone happens to have grado gs1000 pads for sale, or wanting to purchase them?

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #659 of 670
Looks like a great time guys. I had signalled my intention to come but couldn't on the day, so if there's any money owing anywhere at all, I'm more than happy to at least pay my way, to be honest I'd prefer to. No reason anyone should be out of pocket, especially yourself having put in so much effort as the organiser Paul! 

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #660 of 670
Same here if there is a shortfall in the financing of the even I would be happy to contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back