'Can Con' Sydney meet 10/07 Unique Melody, i-enjoy.com.au, Jaben Australia, Twisted Cables & Krispy Kables to join us~ Major prize giveaway by Jaben Aus~
May 30, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #196 of 670
Seeing how this might be the last chance I'll be here for a meet, count me in. Shall be bringing a Pico DAC, Shure SE425 and Yuin PK1. Yep, significantly downgraded over the years. Looking forward to seeing old faces and new faces! And I'm in Kingsford.

May 31, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #199 of 670
i would love it to run my sabre dac and class A solid state biamped digital crossover/speaker rig, with with thunderbolt ssd for multichannel music serving it would be soooo sweet!!. i guess you'de be thankful that used macs have such awesome resale value. 

in all honesty i'll probably be perfectly happy with a mac mini running the same, but i'm waiting to see if they release a thunderbolt equipped mini soon, since the speakers and amps wont be finished for a few months, there isnt much point buying something top shelf now.

they really have reached the point where computers are powerful enough that unless you do actually have something intensive to do with them, as you have found out they are overkill.

May 31, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #200 of 670
um, is anyone free this weekend? I need to have a micromeet with someone with a decent high powered HP amp. I just received a K340, but none of my amps can drive it at all. (I was hoping to use it with my NFB-10WM, but me and ADG didn't work out :D ) (preferably not too far from Castle Hill by pub transport, since I'd have to go to your place with the K340 :D). I just need 10 mins :D... Alternatively, we could turn it into a mini-meet, but I doubt anyone can be bothered...

bump. :frowning2: was going to buy a schiit asgard, but the seller stopped replying to questions about + still pending a refund on 10WM, so still would like a micro-meet to test the K340

May 31, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #201 of 670

And I'm not leaving that soon. I graduate mid-next year. Might be able to attend one more meet depending on when it is next year, if there is one next year. :)

Of course there will be a other meets~ and I will organize another big one next year after seeing how this one turns out~

May 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #202 of 670
do you diy at all? they would go really well with a low supply mini Aleph or 'mini A' as its called which is basically a scaled down Pass Labs power amp. 

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #203 of 670
Hi guys, new around here. Interested in joining your guys for the meet. Locations and dates are not confirmed yet? I am find with Sundays thou. Would be stuck in class the rest of the days =X
I could bring my Meier Audio Corda Concerto + Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo + Senns HD650 w/ Symphonica Cables :) Just to pitch in abit.

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #204 of 670
interested to hear the solo with my sabre, very interested. i also have something new that may surprise you. welcome aboad

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #206 of 670
Welcome Elgin1989~
and yes unfortunately the venue and hence date is not yet set. However it will be hopefully tomorrow or by next week. Still awaiting confirmation from a member on a venue.
Cheers, Paul.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #207 of 670
I was out of the country in December, so I'm definitely hyped for a meet.  I live in Turramurra.

Gear I can bring:  LCD-2 balanced, NFB-10ES +DI, Grado RS1i (SE but not for long),Sony ex700 (but I cant see what for), maybe V700DJ for lols.

Look forward to it 
beyersmile.png

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #210 of 670
I'd love to try the senn hd650's well amped - and I will be free/back in Sydney on the 9th. Very keen, even though I'm new here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back