Can Con 6 ~ Impressions Thread ~ (27th February 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #24 of 84
  Eternal and infinite thanks to @hpz and @pkwak for organising today.  Your hard work is much appreciated.

I might go in reverse:

-@thecrow beautiful setup with Woo WA2, Metrum HEX and Senn HD 800.  Subverted every expectation I had for a NOS DAC and tube amp.  Just beautiful precise music with lovely refined and well extended treble and full of musical detail.Also thanks I have determined that my Reflink was holding my FNB7 back versus the built in USB.  Double thanks!  That's one less box and cable!

-I apologies for being terrible with names, but the portable setup with the Pioneer DAP (XDP-100R?) and DAC/amp (Pioneer XPA-700) had the most incredible PRAT I have ever heard with my RE-400.  I need one.  The DAP from my time with it is at least as good as my ZX2 or probably better and has some great storage expansion options!  The two Pioneers also look great stacked.

-@wink and Stax Mafia, awesome to hear the staxxen, they make beautiful music but scare my wallet.

-@vhsownsbeta thanks for bringing the HD 800 S.  They sound really promising, to be honest I heard only improvements from my HD 800.  I might have to give the sorrodje "french mod" a go!

-@chocolatewol great to see you again, unfortunately didn't get a chance to listen to your gear or talk shop too much but hopefully can do next time.

-@MaxMedia thanks for coming all the way for out meet, was great to talk and find out about the new gear from iFi.  The Kingsound headphones sounded promising.

It was great to see everyone and hope to see those who couldn't make it next time.

You owe thanks to someone else. That wasn't my HD800S 
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #26 of 84
The biggest surprise highlight for me was the Beyerdynamic T1 90th Anniversary Limited Edition.

It sounded very very good. I preferred it much more than the original T1 or the 2nd Generation.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #27 of 84
error

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #28 of 84

.Also thanks I have determined that my Reflink was holding my FNB7 back versus the built in USB.  Double thanks!  That's one less box and cable!

Drez what happened? Do you set your gear up at home and have a listen?

What happened when (if) you took the reflink out?

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #29 of 84
Drez what happened? Do you set your gear up at home and have a listen?

What happened when (if) you took the reflink out?

Yes listened at home with the reflink out and treble was a good deal cleaner, there was less grain and more detail, better everything really. My wireworld platinum AES cable did not help. Probably still not as clean/extended as your setup but a good deal better than using the reflink. As a bonus I now have a shelf for my linear computer power supply and a box and cable to sell :). I think AudioGD really improved with the USB32, and now have also XMOS and Amanero USB boards as well. I have recall at least one other user selling Reflink after getting USB32.

Feb 27, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #30 of 84
I'll likely write more later, but I just wanted to say how much of an enjoyable day it was - still worth the trip down from Newy. :)

@hpz and @pkwak - you guys do a great job keeping this meet-up going every year, and I'm really grateful. Paul, you're a real hero for all the work you do and all the supportiveness and providing. :)
It was nice to see some familiar faces (yourselves, @drez, @sandalaudio) and also to meet some new ones as well.
I hope it was as successful for everyone else and I look forward to seeing you all next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back