Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015)
Jun 10, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #166 of 249
  With a bit of luck I might have the Hifiman HE1000 in time for the meet, the bad news is that I won't have the EF1000 amp in time.
I also received the Philips X2 last week, so I'm definitely going to bring this along.

I would really like to listen to the Philips X2, if I haven't bought it from your shop already by the meet. Apparently it sounds amazing. I will bring my X1 as a comparison too.

I thought HIFIMan HE560 is one of the best headphones I've listened to, so I'm scared to hear the HE1000 because I can't afford it....

Jun 10, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #167 of 249
  With a bit of luck I might have the Hifiman HE1000 in time for the meet, the bad news is that I won't have the EF1000 amp in time.

I also received the Philips X2 last week, so I'm definitely going to bring this along.

Looking forward to see the final list, I will try my best to bring as much as I can.

Fingers crossed :)

Jun 11, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #168 of 249
Just got the Fidue A65 and A73 and I'm considering on bringing them if enough people want to try them. Otherwise I've got a few people that want to borrow them off me. Please let me know.

Cheers guys!

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #171 of 249
Any chance of an he-6 and/or alpha dogs coming along?

I'm not 100% sure I'll be there, but very likely. If so I'll bring in my irdac and soloist.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #172 of 249
50/50 right now on if I can come. If I do I will bring:

Meier StageDAC
Burson HA-160 
Senn Amperior
HE-5s (might not bother with these since there are so many already)
Denon D5000 (I need to get these repaired, if I manage to by then)

Jun 18, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #173 of 249
  50/50 right now on if I can come. If I do I will bring:

Meier StageDAC
Burson HA-160 
Senn Amperior
HE-5s (might not bother with these since there are so many already)
Denon D5000 (I need to get these repaired, if I manage to by then)

I haven't noticed any HE-5 or HE-5LE, unless you mean HE-500?

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #178 of 249
I'm keen. I can bring LCD 2.2 if folks are interested?

Absolutely.

I'd love to hear some audezes (never have) and alpha dogs

And tube amps (I see some are coming) for those that want to lug them along.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #179 of 249
I’ve just figured out the way I can hygienically protect my headphones Beyerdynamic DT-150 at the meeting and verified that no harm was done to the sound they produce with those caps so now I can offer to bring them to the meeting. These headphones are equipped with a balanced cable and almost useless with anything else apart from the balanced portable setup they go with (although I’ll take the normal cable with them). All audio components which I use with the headphones are also kind of almost useless as well, since the iBasso amplifier is modded inside out where it is no longer “iBasso” but something else now and it is balanced only and can only work with the headphones that have a special balanced DIY connector. No mini jack provided.

If anyone interested, just let me know. I’ll take the complete rig me which has nothing to add and nothing to strip off. For me it’s the most perfect portable audio setup I’ve ever listened to:

*Fiio X5 (line out) audio player - Black Dragon V2 interconnect cable (0.5m) - iBasso PB2 modded portable balanced amplifier (2xMUSES01 opamps, 4xLT1028ACN8 buffers with 8-pin DIP heatsinks and drilled case opening for heat dissipation, mains 16V powered or powered from XP8000 with 16V of portable power via XPAL step down power converter for up to 2500 Watts per channel) - hand-made balanced headphone cable - Beyerdynamic DT-150, 250Ohm balanced headphones.

I’m really interested if anything else portable at the meeting will beat it.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #180 of 249
  I am interested. Here is my inventory. Let me know if there is anything you guys specifically want me to bring.

I would suggest you bring your own songs to try out in a flashdrive. I use Foobar2000 player on a Windows PC.

Headphones / IEMS:

- Sennheiser HD598
- AKG Q701 with bass mod
- Sony MDR-1RNC
- Sony MDR-ZX750BN
- Vmoda M-100 with XL pads
- Sennheiser In-ear Momentum for Android

- Fiio E18 Kunlun
- Woo Audio WA7 (EH gold pins) / WA7tp (Sylvania JAN 5814A) --- Still deciding if I can be bothered unplugging my setup, its all locked into the cable management system under my desk.
- Resonessence Concero HP
- Cozoy Astrapi

My attendance is now in question. Unfortunately due to being unable to locate a sitter for my kids. At this stage it looks like I may not be able to attend. But will confirm later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back