Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet!
Mar 28, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #93 of 343
I'll put my name down as an expression of interest.

Just not entirely sure if I'll be able to make it with uni work being a huge factor.

Has location of venue come up in discussion yet? (Sorry I haven't bothered reading every page in this thread.) From the past few meets they've been at Epping, I remember this was a good location for most people at the time, perhaps the same again this year?

I'll edit this list when I get a chance of gear I can bring:

Fostex TH900
Burson Conductor
Sony NW-ZX1
HeadRoom Desktop Amp/DAC
AKG K702 with Cardas Fat Pipe Upgrade cable
etc

Thanks for organising this again Pkwak.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #94 of 343
I'll put my name down as an expression of interest.

Just not entirely sure if I'll be able to make it with uni work being a huge factor.

Has location of venue come up in discussion yet? (Sorry I haven't bothered reading every page in this thread.) From the past few meets they've been at Epping, I remember this was a good location for most people at the time, perhaps the same again this year?

I'll edit this list when I get a chance of gear I can bring:

Fostex TH900
Burson Conductor
Sony NW-ZX1
HeadRoom Desktop Amp/DAC
AKG K702 with Cardas Fat Pipe Upgrade cable
etc

Thanks for organising this again Pkwak.
I hope you come. I'm pinning my hopes on you so I can compare my TH600 against. I didn't really want to buy the TH900 without listening

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #95 of 343
I hope you come. I'm pinning my hopes on you so I can compare my TH600 against. I didn't really want to buy the TH900 without listening

Last time I compared the TH600 and TH900 side by side, I personally preferred the TH600. It's definitely worth comparing before buying the TH900.
Personally I thought the TH900 felt too edgy on the treble, which made it sound very high-def but was quite fatiguing especially on older recordings. TH600 felt a bit darker but better controlled. I hope you get a chance to do an A/B comparison at the meet.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #96 of 343

Last time I compared the TH600 and TH900 side by side, I personally preferred the TH600. It's definitely worth comparing before buying the TH900.
Personally I thought the TH900 felt too edgy on the treble, which made it sound very high-def but was quite fatiguing especially on older recordings. TH600 felt a bit darker but better controlled. I hope you get a chance to do an A/B comparison at the meet.

I really hope so too

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #97 of 343
ooh Ive just been rereading all the posts, I think there are 2 x TH900 maybes and a maybe on an LCD2.2

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #98 of 343
Hi all,

I need a volunteer~

On the 2nd of May (Friday), I would appreciate it if someone is available and generous enough to offer to pick up the key to the venue from Epping in the morning~
Please let me know.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #101 of 343
Yay TH900 and GSX

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #102 of 343
  I'd be happy to, I live in Epping after all. Would I be picking it up from the library staff?

Thanks for volunteering :)
I can't say that I've ever been to Epping :/

On another note. We're picking up more steam! Eventually if we're dense enough, and under the right conditions, we might become a solid mass, that would be great; we're at 19!!!

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #103 of 343
Sweet!! ^

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #104 of 343
I've just got my new Fiio X5, so will be bringing it over along with my old X3.

It would be nice if some vendors can come and do a few demo setups like the previous meets. It's so hard to find anywhere to demo high end products in Sydney..

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #105 of 343
  I've just got my new Fiio X5, so will be bringing it over along with my old X3.

It would be nice if some vendors can come and do a few demo setups like the previous meets. It's so hard to find anywhere to demo high end products in Sydney..

Nice! I've been thinking if I should sell my older Sflo:2 + X3 for the X5. How are you liking it so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back